Travel insurance

Heiss83

Jul 28, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm a newbie to Singapore and this site, really loving all the great advice from the community. :sweat:

I'm heading to Vietnam for the weekend soon and wanted to get some travel insurance. The problem with most of them is that their payouts are no where near enough to cover my gear.

Any recommendations? Or should I get more normal insurance that covers travel? Help, I'm lost :dunno:

Cheers,
Matt

main objective of travel insurance is more of personal injuries or related incidence in case hospitalization or expatriation is needed.
lost item coverage is not substantial....even if its lost baggage @airport....

I wont be bother with that if i were u, just exercise caution and wnjoy ur holis. :)

my friend bought AIA travel insurance when we went to India.. he was infected by Viral fever and hosp in India and SG. AIA paid the full lumpsum of hospital bill for both India and SG.. + hotel fee in Thailand (we was supposed to stay in Thailand for weekend after from India) .. the total bill came out $5k+

Most travel insurance will pay reasonable coverage for personal accident and medical related issues.
So far camera equipment coverage has been really minimal.
That the way it has been.
Just for that few dollars a day, I would strongly suggest getting yourself covered for the peace of mind.

Normally Insurance only cover up to S$500 for camera onli.

You can try NTUC travel insurance. You never know when you need it. It's better to have travel insurance. As for camera gears, I would like to know which insurance do cover. :D As far as I know, they only cover a min sum that all. Don't expect much but most important is the personal accidents, baggage claim , flight delays, medical fees etc.

Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. I just found something from AXA which I think will work. It's an extension of home contents insurance (I was thinking of getting that anyway) which allows you to take out Worldwide Personal Belongings insurance.

From what I can tell this includes camera gear anytime you take away from home (which would also include when you are out and about in Singapore). The premium looks like it is $120pa for every 10k insured (you need to provide receipts if any 1 item is above 2k). Here's the link for others who might be interested.

http://www.axa.com.sg/122/en/personal-insurance/home--family/smarthome-optimum

I'll give them a call and confirm it is works for what I want to use it for. Let you know how I go :sweat:

Cheers,
Matt

been buying tenet insurance for my overseas trips, perhaps u can consider.