Travel Insurance

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Hi guys,

I am going to vietnam this sunday! However, I would like to ask whether is there any insurance that will cover our expensive camera gears as I would be backpacking there.

Regards

Be careful, use common sense, save the money to get some nice souvenirs or bargains back. Can't see how one would need an insurance for backpacking. Pick-pocking is rather common in cities and overall less common in Vietnam than in other countries.

Generally no. But some insurance co. allow claims of personal items up to S$500.

However, it may be too late to consider a travel insurance now as some need you buy the travel insurance 5/7-day prior to the departure of your trip.

The best travel insurance that provide good claims benefits is AIG. Nevetherless, the cost is also on the high side.

I always buy my travel insurance from AIG.

So far, I've not problems with my claims, but I would rather say suay on my side as I need to put forth a claims for all my trip and did not really recovered the cost of purchase as I brought my gear new for each trip. :cry:

im currently looking around for some good travel insurance as well. Found a rather low cost but covers all the general things ud want. Especially, if ure a standard chartered CC holder, it only costs 88sgd per year, unlimited travel. 90days max per travel. link

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/personal-banking/insurance/got-it-covered-travel-plan/en/

so far, its the cheapest, especially if u do a lot of roaming about out of singapore throughout the year. best bang for buck. granted, they dun cover every nook and cranny of every potential mishaps but u cant win them all, can u :dunno: