Travel insurance! NEED ADVISE! :)

Jazzmint90

Sep 19, 2010
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi people,

Just wanna ask if anyone of your went to multiple countries in Europe at one shot. for example, 6 countries in Europe.

Then how did your buy your travel insurance? did your buy for all six countries? or is there like a insurance package or something.

Any website or company to recommend? first timer backpack here! :confused:

THANK YOU for your help!

I think no point having insurance

I buy insurance for the trip not the country.
I also buy for the whole year, so I don't forget. But your insurance should cover the journey duration, country not withstanding. Medical care in Europe is not cheap.

petetherock said:
I buy insurance for the trip not the country.
I also buy for the whole year, so I don't forget. But your insurance should cover the journey duration, country not withstanding. Medical care in Europe is not cheap.

May I know how much your spent on insurance? :)

Thanks

Everything can be found online these days. I personally use Travel Joy or AIG Chartis as I find the price reasonable and the coverage to be within my needs. All you got to do is google for these (and NTUC and whatever other company that you can think of or is recommended) and you will be able to get a quote online. Just key in your days of travel and the region of travel (all websites are self explanatory) and the system will calculate the costs for you. All terms and conditions are listed on the website so that you know what you are getting before you buy it. You can always make a comparison of all the different insurance policy and decide for yourself which one suits you best, which is what I do all the time. If you are too lazy to DIY or find it too troublesome or you cannot make head or tail of what the policies mean, then give your insurance agent a call and get him or her to check things out for you and explain things in details to you.

To get insurance or not for your travel is up to everyone's own discretion. Some say yes, some say don't waste money. At the end of the day, just remember, the money comes from you and the protection is for yourself. Insurance, if you have not figure it out by now, means protection for unforseen circumstances or accidents. The key words are "unforseen circumstances" and "accidents", meaning things that happen without anyone being able to predict it. Judge for yourself whether you need it or not.

No. I am not an insurance agent. I just travel a lot and pose myself this travel insurance question all the time.

roamfree said:
Everything can be found online these days. I personally use Travel Joy or AIG Chartis as I find the price reasonable and the coverage to be within my needs. All you got to do is google for these (and NTUC and whatever other company that you can think of or is recommended) and you will be able to get a quote online. Just key in your days of travel and the region of travel (all websites are self explanatory) and the system will calculate the costs for you. All terms and conditions are listed on the website so that you know what you are getting before you buy it. You can always make a comparison of all the different insurance policy and decide for yourself which one suits you best, which is what I do all the time. If you are too lazy to DIY or find it too troublesome or you cannot make head or tail of what the policies mean, then give your insurance agent a call and get him or her to check things out for you and explain things in details to you.

To get insurance or not for your travel is up to everyone's own discretion. Some say yes, some say don't waste money. At the end of the day, just remember, the money comes from you and the protection is for yourself. Insurance, if you have not figure it out by now, means protection for unforseen circumstances or accidents. The key words are "unforseen circumstances" and "accidents", meaning things that happen without anyone being able to predict it. Judge for yourself whether you need it or not.

No. I am not an insurance agent. I just travel a lot and pose myself this travel insurance question all the time.

Thank you! I think I am just worried about the pick pocket in Europe. :X hopefully nothing happen. *cross finger*

That's why I am considering to get insurance. But I was thinking I travel to 6 countries in Europe, do I have to buy all 6 different insurance.

Anw, thanks will check out the ones u recommend! :D

Sent from my iPhone using ClubSNAP

That's why I am considering to get insurance. But I was thinking I travel to 6 countries in Europe, do I have to buy all 6 different insurance.

Hi,
As far as I know, you need not to buy 6 different insurance. Since you are travelling to 6 different countries, you just purchase the travel insurance and select the coverage. I do remember some policies classified by zone, such as Asia, Europe or Worldwide. Of course in this way, the premium for worldwide is higher. You can check it out at numerous Insurance companies in SG. Most offer travel policies.

Hi,
As far as I know, you need not to buy 6 different insurance. Since you are travelling to 6 different countries, you just purchase the travel insurance and select the coverage. I do remember some policies classified by zone, such as Asia, Europe or Worldwide. Of course in this way, the premium for worldwide is higher. You can check it out at numerous Insurance companies in SG. Most offer travel policies.

thanks i saw it already! :)

Thank you! I think I am just worried about the pick pocket in Europe. :X hopefully nothing happen. *cross finger*

yes, there are pickpockets, but there is no need to worry too much. pickpockets are not everywhere. some cities have more than others. it really depends on where you are going. i have travelled to many places, and i have never been robbed, be it europe or africa. just travel with tons of common sense and you should be safe. don't do stupid things like wear lots of jewellery or flash your money every where. hanging your money pouch in front of the chest may seems like a good way to keep an eye on your money, but it is in actual fact proclaiming to the whole world where your money and passport is. it jus purely scream "rob me". out of sight, out of mind. good luck with the travels.

yes, there are pickpockets, but there is no need to worry too much. pickpockets are not everywhere. some cities have more than others. it really depends on where you are going. i have travelled to many places, and i have never been robbed, be it europe or africa. just travel with tons of common sense and you should be safe. don't do stupid things like wear lots of jewellery or flash your money every where. hanging your money pouch in front of the chest may seems like a good way to keep an eye on your money, but it is in actual fact proclaiming to the whole world where your money and passport is. it jus purely scream "rob me". out of sight, out of mind. good luck with the travels.

thanks i saw it already! :)

anw do look at the terms of the insurance policy. quite a few insurance companies will only cover loss of a single item up to $500, for laptop $1500. therefore, it may not cover your dslr cost fully.

but i still think its good to get insurance before going europe. :)

last time remember the icelandic volcano? :O

:) thanks. I am heading to countries who have high chances of pickpocket like Paris and London? Or maybe Italy?

Will be extra careful. Thank you!

shawn207 said:
anw do look at the terms of the insurance policy. quite a few insurance companies will only cover loss of a single item up to $500, for laptop $1500. therefore, it may not cover your dslr cost fully.

but i still think its good to get insurance before going europe. :)

last time remember the icelandic volcano? :O

Ya, I bringing only my netbook there for viewing of photos.

The only thing I scared is my DSLR.

:) thanks. I am heading to countries who have high chances of pickpocket like Paris and London? Or maybe Italy?

Will be extra careful. Thank you!

Careful with your gear in Paris, esp on the subway and at night, as well as touts who want to sell unsuspecting tourists stuff (friendship bands etc). Other than that, it is fine!

London felt safer to me.

For italy, i heard that it's not very safe, but i havent been there so i cant tell u how safe it is! :)

shawn207 said:
Careful with your gear in Paris, esp on the subway and at night, as well as touts who want to sell unsuspecting tourists stuff (friendship bands etc). Other than that, it is fine!

London felt safer to me.

For italy, i heard that it's not very safe, but i havent been there so i cant tell u how safe it is! :)

Hee I guess it sometime depends in luck too! If u are unlucky then will encounter!

Anw, thanks!!