Travel in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic pictures!

What more can I say?

Wow :bigeyes: Marvellous!!
I love all the pics!! How I hope I've a chance to go there.. :)

Told you this before, anyway here goes again:

Nothing but :thumbsup:

BTW guys, Vincent shot these all in LARGE JPEG mode instead of RAW... seen the print out before, very good stuffs.

May I ask how did you achieve that kind of muted colours? Is it natural or achieved through PS?

Very good pictures and subjects

- makes me wonder how does one travel to Afghanistan.....

wormz777 said:
May I ask how did you achieve that kind of muted colours? Is it natural or achieved through PS?

The only PS is unsharp mask, and cropping... other manipulation are prohibited. the nature of my job does not give me the luxury of editing that much,all taken with Jpeg high.

The nature of the job is to capture what's there and share it with the world.

We record news as it happen.

vthian said:
The only PS is unsharp mask, and cropping... other manipulation are prohibited. the nature of my job does not give me the luxury of editing that much,all taken with Jpeg high.

The nature of the job is to capture what's there and share it with the world.

We record news as it happen.

Hmm... then I think its really a photographer's paradise there. How's the country like anyway? I mean the social aspect etc.

wormz777 said:
Hmm... then I think its really a photographer's paradise there. How's the country like anyway? I mean the social aspect etc.

like all other 3th world country..ditry, poor and everything is very expansive...a room per person is about USD50, car per day USD 45 and food is USD10 per meal...but everything you need can get there..but sure not high end digital camera.

I guess by now Kabul will be fill with more stuffs....soon the city won be paradise for photogs anymore...ppls start asking money when you want to take their picture. :bheart:

That's a sad thing.

We have seen it happened before.

Excellent ! When I saw the photos, I knew these definitely are not the work of any hobbyists ;) I like the way you use your wide angles - good foreground element that sweeps to the back and interacts with the background subjects. The photos speaks volumes on its own.

vthian said:
Pls view some of my picture taken in Kabul welcome to comment on my picture.

Kabul Picture

Regards

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

Very impressive collection you got there. Have came across your pictures and I must say they are all as outstanding. You must have enjoy every minute of your job which must be very challenging. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steven Tor

Beautiful.... simply beautiful :thumbsup:

have you tried converting some of them into B&W? the results will be totally fantastic.. but in colour, they look very in tune with the mood and settings in Afghan.

Particularly, I love Ramadan and Img 9389... very good sense of composition. THose initial shots of the women prison are very compelling.. a sense of tension protraited in the shots

Status
Not open for further replies.