travel exhibition in Orchard..?


Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#1
Hi guys, i was so 'LUCKY' to win a 7-day free accomodation oversea and $30 TAKASHIMAYA voucher, after i finished a survey at Orchard road..but i need to attend a 80min travel exhibition.

Issit the scam people mentioned it before? i declined it but the gal asked me to keep the invitation card and i can go some other day.

Issit a scam? How it works.. the gal so exciting and claimed that i got the top prize, i was kind of ..really? but since i had heard similar scam before, i got alert and declined.

Someone encountered that before?
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#2
Confirmed.
They will lock u in a room and use high pressure sales tactics, to sell u the time-share scheme. When u are tired and frustrated, normally u loose yr will to fight...
 

nikonsiao

Senior Member
Sep 2, 2004
2,060
0
0
50
singapore
www.weddingdairy.blogspot.com
#4
Funny...... i also very lucky.
The call was from a 18 year old malay gal right?
ask to go to orchard delphi by 7pm....
I personally think its a scam cos they dun even know my name when i picked up my phone... they only wanted my IC and name when i said i could go...

i told her i was not comfortable giving my personal info over the line and hung up...
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#6
wah!!!! so good i did read and know about it haa.. I met the gal on the orchard road, not on phone..the gal was so happy and excited and jumping lol..to say that
'are u always be that lucky?' that i won the top prize..haa. But to me, i was kind of emotionless, coz.. i know there isn't a free lunch.

wah, so u will be locked up in a high pressure room.. i am really lucky didn't go for it =)

once i got the prize, she used handphone to call another gal, another gal like her supervisor then congrats me and talked to me to attend that exhibition.. well.. i feel sorry for them, because they looked so sincere..
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#7
AReality said:
How come I not so lucky?
I wanna entertain them.. ;p
go to Orchard today =), i saw them blocking ppl at the location from centrepoint to the junction near paragon..

see are u that lucky too haa, got 7 day free accomodation haa.
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,458
0
0
VisualJournalist.net
#8
Need dress code or not?
Those who look like they can't afford to buy their products wun be stopped rite ?
 

Cursor

New Member
May 24, 2003
419
0
0
38
cursor.instantlogic.com
#9
I am also lucky, for a few times in fact. but never go to claim the price and never give them you h/p number.
But from the phone call one, they said my phone number was selected by their computer and won some prizes. But near the end of the conversation, she ask what am I doing for a living, I told them I'm a student, then they say they got the wrong number and cut the line..... ????
Hmm, wonder what will happen if you said you will be bring along a friend who is working in CASE or a lawyer along....? :p
 

Benign

Senior Member
Jan 30, 2004
494
0
0
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
#11
Mine was different. Earlier an elderly lady called, trying to persuade me to switch from Optus to Telstra.
After I told them the phone was in my mother's name.....she still ask about when my mum will be back. I told her my mum non English speaking......She then try to explain on the benefits of changing phone service provider.

Haizzz, it is harder to say No to older people than pretty women u know. :bsmilie:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#12
LENS said:
wah!!!! so good i did read and know about it haa.. I met the gal on the orchard road, not on phone..the gal was so happy and excited and jumping lol..to say that
'are u always be that lucky?' that i won the top prize..haa. But to me, i was kind of emotionless, coz.. i know there isn't a free lunch.

wah, so u will be locked up in a high pressure room.. i am really lucky didn't go for it =)

once i got the prize, she used handphone to call another gal, another gal like her supervisor then congrats me and talked to me to attend that exhibition.. well.. i feel sorry for them, because they looked so sincere..
the girl chio anot? :bsmilie: i dun mind she jumping in front of me while i just take a picture instead of that prize...
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#13
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
the girl chio anot? :bsmilie: i dun mind she jumping in front of me while i just take a picture instead of that prize...
what puzzles me is, did they just act so exciting? or some of them just don't even know they are doing something, that is involved of certain kind of scam..
 

Nov 13, 2004
143
0
16
Tampines
#14
I encounted that before and went to listen for a talk also.
I went there for the sake of the girl cos she said she will get $100 for everyone she bring in. At the end of the 1 hr plus or so talking, the woman still failed to convince me to buy and let me go.
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#15
PhotoDog said:
I encounted that before and went to listen for a talk also.
I went there for the sake of the girl cos she said she will get $100 for everyone she bring in. At the end of the 1 hr plus or so talking, the woman still failed to convince me to buy and let me go.
Hi PhotoDog, would you mind to share what is about that exhibition? what kind of service they tried to sell? did u get anything like the gift or whatever they promised?
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#17
You are not lucky. You were conned. How can you win something when you did not participate?
 

LENS

New Member
Apr 8, 2005
755
0
0
#18
jbma said:
You are not lucky. You were conned. How can you win something when you did not participate?
How they con people?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom