Travel by Jetstar - Jetsaver Light issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi All,

Just call to Jetstar hotline double check about the Jetsaver Light flight with a Cabin Baggage plus another bag (example camera bag) of total weight not exceed 10kgs you can carry to the plane. But, you CANNOT bring the camera battery with you on plane!!!

Jetsaver Light flight is without any check-in of baggage and now because of the battery! I need to upgrade flight from Jetsaver light to Jetsaver!?

Firstly I thought OK! OK! cannot bring the battery on plane then I can buy battery from hk but what about the return trip? I cant bring the battery back to sg too right?? :confused:

This my first time taking a Jetsaver light flight, if know of such troublesome I should have get the Jetsaver instead, but I just dont have much things to check in for only a short trip.....

Anyone of bro & Sis came accross this? Do you able to bring camera "with battery" on plane??

They are rediculous! I have taken SQ, Silkair, China Eastern and China Airline all with 5 or 6 camera batteries in my carry-on bag. No problem at all. Unless Jetstar think their airplanes are more inferior in handling 'battery-bomb' than other airlines....I would think this is their way to make sure you have to pay more for the air tickets. Btw, you are so lucky to be able to get them over the phone. I called until the cow come home still no one picked up :(

Oh, shouldn't they also ban people from bringing laptop with battery into the cabin ?

Last edited:
they are being plain ridiculous... period. if batteries are not allowed, then might as well get people to remove the battery from the watches they are wearing. better still, if someone has a pace-maker... tell him to remove the battery lah.

never heard such a stupid ruling. just bring along. don't think they can do anything. a battery is a battery regardless of what gadget it is powering. if camera batteries are banned, then ban all kinds of batteries.

YES! SK1968 & mohgui you both are right!

I'll bring along the battery but put in the camera ? Hope everything is fine! Dont want get stuck in the airport because of such a ridiculous rule!! ;(

Yes, put in the camera. I think they are just afraid that we can make 'battery-bomb' from too many batteries :)
Oh, do come back and share with us the development because I am going Indonesia on Jetstar in May.:)

Yes, put in the camera. I think they are just afraid that we can make 'battery-bomb' from too many batteries :)
Oh, do come back and share with us the development because I am going Indonesia on Jetstar in May.:)

Sure! Will share with you all the outcome~ Be back Sg on 22/3.

Just went to HK on Jetstar in Jan, whole camera bag including batteries was hand carry on board.

don't worry abt it. i brought my cameras on trips on jetstar frequently. worst case scenario is to check in the batteries.

My flight ticket is the Jetsaver light which only come with Cabin Baggage carry on plane not exceed 10kgs. (thats include camera bag) :sweat:

If worst case scenario , I can only just check in battery??? :dunno:

If worst case scenario , I can only just check in battery??? :dunno:

You check-in batteries... be ready to get your lugguage out and open as they will do full check.

hand carry is the best as they will see and know what are they use for.

Last edited:
I pity the guy with the pace maker..................................:cry:

I pity the guy with the pace maker..................................:cry:
The airline has a team of surgeons on standby at every gate to perform minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery and remove the battery if needed. :)

Only 10 minutes, no anesthetic is require though the patient might experience severe psychological discomfort. ;)

sorry brother, how on earth the the topic of camera battery come up in the first place when u were asking them about handcarry allowances/limits ?

Sometimes just use personal initiative and stay around the limit as best as u can and dont ask anything else is the best...... dont bluff-clever (mai kay kiang) :bsmilie:

I think there are different plan with different cost, so you have to read the details carefully, those checking in their bags may have paid for Jetsaver, but Jetsaver Light could be an issue. I have never taken Jetstar, so I believe they might adhere strictly since these budget carriers, make extra money by charging of these extras.

../azul123

But where did you hear from... cannot bring onboard battery? stated anyway in their website? it is ridiculous.

../azul123

sorry brother, how on earth the the topic of camera battery come up in the first place when u were asking them about handcarry allowances/limits ?

Sometimes just use personal initiative and stay around the limit as best as u can and dont ask anything else is the best...... dont bluff-clever (mai kay kiang) :bsmilie:

This my first time taking Jetstar light (which no extra check in of Baggage) just want to be safe that I can bring my things up to plane...as I will be carry on board a luggage + my camera bag (which is not small...1 body with 3 lens). And that call-center MM straight told me yes you can bring your camera but not the battery....what I respond then?? ;( I told her no battery how to use my camera...and she still can say you can buy the battery later....:mad2:

But where did you hear from... cannot bring onboard battery? stated anyway in their website? it is ridiculous.

../azul123

You are right man! that's why i went into jetstar website to read the statement under
"Some items can not be accepted as part of your hand luggage. Click here for more information"

I click the link and it is not working, its bring me to page "Sorry, but the page you've tried to view doesn't exist."....:sweat:

Check-in if you are afraid.

This my first time taking Jetstar light (which no extra check in of Baggage) just want to be safe that I can bring my things up to plane...as I will be carry on board a luggage + my camera bag (which is not small...1 body with 3 lens). And that call-center MM straight told me yes you can bring your camera but not the battery....what I respond then?? ;( I told her no battery how to use my camera...and she still can say you can buy the battery later....:mad2:

i think she was trying to be funny or suan-ing you

Status
Not open for further replies.