Travel Alert

Mon Fang57

Feb 26, 2010
Hi I just came back from Thailand on Wednesday, the suitation there is very tense if you have nothing urgent and important - please hold your horse and dun go there for a month or two. Police Checks at Railway and Bus Stations. Roads to major towns like Bangkok and Chiang Mai have police ckeckpoints.
My AngMo friends have received updates from their embassies.

I don't see any reason to hold back the travel just cause there's a lot of police checks around..
Unless of course, there's a riot or so.. Do you know what's the reason behind it?

I don't see any reason to hold back the travel just cause there's a lot of police checks around..
Unless of course, there's a riot or so.. Do you know what's the reason behind it?

If nothing is going to happen, why the Thai Goverment want to deploy thousand of army and police personnels.

If nothing is going to happen, why the Thai Goverment want to deploy thousand of army and police personnels.

I just found out from a friend that there's a political unrest in the country.
Your earlier message just puzzled me cos I was not updated of the current issues
and you did not mention anything. :sweatsm:
Maybe I'm not alone in this.. but now I understand better... ;)

I jus came back from bangkok yesterday. It's all blown up out of proportion.. I don't even see a single red shirt protesting anywhere at all and the airport is as serene as it could be.

I think the real action, if any, will come later but even then there might not be any violence.

Tks Mon Fang for the heads up. :) Appreciate it.

I guess it's up to the individual to decide for himself his course of action.. Personally I won't go unless it's absolutely necessary.. Nothing may happen after all, and I dun think there'll be violence towards tourists too. However, there may be inconveniences caused from any unrest.. like closures of certain areas, and u will be in a constant state of high alert mentally. Perhaps some like that kind of holidays. :) I for one, used to seek those areas of unrest out to experience a different holiday when I'm younger. I guess I'm too old and too time-starved now to afford such luxuries.

Tks again Mon Fang. :) Btw did you create a new nick just to post this warning? Wow I'm impressed.

I jus came back from bangkok yesterday. It's all blown up out of proportion.. I don't even see a single red shirt protesting anywhere at all and the airport is as serene as it could be.

I think the real action, if any, will come later but even then there might not be any violence.

The red shirt dun have army support.

Two grenades exploded outside branches of the country's biggest bank.

Another two unexploded grenades were defused at Bangkok Bank branches at around the same time.

Going anywhere is the same - at your own risk. :think:

While there is a chance of a Coup... Thai ppl and Army very seldom threatern foreigner. Just avoid the usually protest hotspot.

Thxs for the Update TS :thumbsup:

Remember not to wear white or red shirt in bangkok