Transporting light stands overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronin1983

Nov 23, 2006
Hi,

Anyone has experience with bringing light stands overseas? do i check them in or handcarry?:dunno::dunno:

well, i was planning to pack them in a lightstand bag and its slightly long. Not sure if they will allow as it might look like a sports equipment bag

well, i was planning to pack them in a lightstand bag and its slightly long. Not sure if they will allow as it might look like a sports equipment bag

no problem i been flying with my light stand bag to oversea always just let the counter know take special care of it.. and better bubblewrap your light in case they throw it around

Never check in any fragile shooting equipment to the convey belt. If you fly from a cold country to the tropics, temperature diff will produce moisture on your equipment. Secondly, if you have seen how they transfer the baggages, they just anyhow throw. We don't have to talk about camera stuff. I have cracked CDs before. Speaking from experience.

Ok , my light stands can take some form of beating, so those ill check them in. thanks for the help ~

Status
Not open for further replies.