Transportation in Europe

samsc

Aug 10, 2008
EaSt
Hi all,

I plan to go Europe on 7th Oct and will be visiting a few countries start from 'zurich-salzburg-budapest-pargue-berlin-munich.

Question 1: Do I need to purchase the train ticket - online before I go there.. OR I should be able to purchase it - 1 day before my departure @ the train station? :think:

Question 2: It is comfortable to travel by coach to near by country e.g zurch to salzburg ?

If you don't mind.. I'll love to talk over the phone @ your convenience time. PM ur no. ;)

sam

question 1 : its risky to buy train tickets last min... but it also depends what season u are going... if you are getting a rail pass its generally safe for those countries that you mentioned... if single tickets they can get quite costly too.. so plan ahead...

question 2 : traveling alone? or with spouse/family, i think if its just you alone, then coach shouldn't be a problem.. its most likely going to be cheaper.. but the ride could be way longer.. and less comfortable... consider the time that you will spend in the transport and the time you spend at a place... which is more important to you...

question 1 : its risky to buy train tickets last min... but it also depends what season u are going... if you are getting a rail pass its generally safe for those countries that you mentioned... if single tickets they can get quite costly too.. so plan ahead...

question 2 : traveling alone? or with spouse/family, i think if its just you alone, then coach shouldn't be a problem.. its most likely going to be cheaper.. but the ride could be way longer.. and less comfortable... consider the time that you will spend in the transport and the time you spend at a place... which is more important to you...

Thank you very much!

Q-reply 1 :I'll be traveling on first week of Oct -7/10/10. which website you would recommend me to booked the ticket ? would it be too late for me to book now?

Q-reply 2 :I'll be traveling with my spouse. we both are alright with coach. I heard from my friend said, some coach ride provides more frequency compare to train and their timing are generally good ~ overnight journey.

Which country you visited and how you travel ? :)

Thank you very much!

Q-reply 1 :I'll be traveling on first week of Oct -7/10/10. which website you would recommend me to booked the ticket ? would it be too late for me to book now?

Q-reply 2 :I'll be traveling with my spouse. we both are alright with coach. I heard from my friend said, some coach ride provides more frequency compare to train and their timing are generally good ~ overnight journey.

Which country you visited and how you travel ? :)

if you are looking at eurail pass can just get from STA travel or online website.... if not, buying tickets when in europe is rather simple.. so long as its not the busy period... they have some places with automated machines.. which makes it very convenient... the downside is those places that might not have automated, means long queues.. esp big or popular cities..

if you are okie, then u could do coach, but i never bothered cos we had the rail pass that allowed us to hope on trains...

went from germany to austria and down to budapest..
went from rome up to florence and up to milan and up to paris and to belgium...

Thank you very much 'enzeru21' for your good info and reply.

Which hotel you stay in berlin, germany & budapest, czech ? Can share with me too.

Thank you very much 'enzeru21' for your good info and reply.

Which hotel you stay in berlin, germany & budapest, czech ? Can share with me too.

are you looking for hotels? or budget accom like backpacking style hostels?

the price range is quite different... most of the places like in germany i stayed hostels... then only stayed hotel as some cheaper places... in austria and budapest....

in budapest i stayed at hotel intercontinental.. can see the river from my balcony window.. super nice~!

are you looking for hotels? or budget accom like backpacking style hostels?

the price range is quite different... most of the places like in germany i stayed hostels... then only stayed hotel as some cheaper places... in austria and budapest....

in budapest i stayed at hotel intercontinental.. can see the river from my balcony window.. super nice~!

Ya.. I'm looking @per night 50 USd in a small hotel / hostels.

Any good recommendation in berlin & Munich ?

Ya.. I'm looking @per night 50 USd in a small hotel / hostels.

Any good recommendation in berlin & Munich ?

you can try searching using hostelbookers.com they can give some pretty nice results...

i stayed those hostels... i like the one is Wombats city hostel.. great place for backpackers... go check it out..

you can try searching using hostelbookers.com they can give some pretty nice results...

i stayed those hostels... i like the one is Wombats city hostel.. great place for backpackers... go check it out..

Thank you very much again.

Are their double room with attached private bathroom ?

I also read somewhere in their website. Towel is not incl in the room rate ?

:)

Last edited:
Thank you very much again.

Are their double room with attached private bathroom ?

I also read somewhere in their website. Towel is not incl in the room rate ?

:)

not really sure... that time i stayed in shared room... towel not included i think.

but they have breakfast buffet if i'm not wrong.. and its really worth it... also the place is convenient and easily accessible...

not really sure... that time i stayed in shared room... towel not included i think.

but they have breakfast buffet if i'm not wrong.. and its really worth it... also the place is convenient and easily accessible...

Oh.. Okay! Thanks mate.

:cool:

no problem~!

when ure in germany don't forgget to go to a beer hall and have the greatest dinner~!!! wont' regret

What is the cost per person on average. ;)

What is the cost per person on average. ;)

depends la... but in europe having a dinner at a restaurant will easily go to 20-30 euros... the beer in germany is cheap though.... ;) and the portions are large for two ladies to share..

oh just to remind you ah... if you going during Oktoberfest period... better start booking early>.....

going to be super crowded in germany~!

oh just to remind you ah... if you going during Oktoberfest period... better start booking early>.....

might be a little late to try to get hotels now .. should be pretty eX if u can even get rooms.

Thank you for your reminder. I've already booked the hostel & hotel for all.

Except Munich- still searching ..Expensive due to Oktoberfest :(

might be a little late to try to get hotels now .. should be pretty eX if u can even get rooms.

Ya man.. Still searching for Munich - hostel / hotel > below Euro 50 per night for 2. :cool: