transmitted desease thru drycab??!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

henkee

Oct 19, 2005
hi jes wondering is it posible for lens with fungus put together with healthy lens in a drycab
can contaminate the healthy one with fungus also???
cause i got old pentax cam with lenses with a bit fungus that can''t be removed.. and woried
if i put all together in one dry cab makes the the clean lense got the desease also..:confused:

dry cabinets by definition should prevent fungus from growing...

i wouldnt be particularly concerned.

my fren actually have placed fungus infested lens together with his other lens.

so far nothing.......

All my Canons are placed together in the Dri-Cab (six of them!!!)..... A couple of my old EF lenses have some fungus on the glasses, but so far no problem after all these years with my other "healthy" lenses lying next to them.

In theory, a functioning dri-cab cannot cure but can prevent fungus from growing...as long as the fungus are not in contact physically with the clean lenses, it should not pass on. To be safe, I keep those "sick" lens in zip-lock bags before storing them in the Dri-Cab.:thumbsup:

i think wat does a dry cab does is that it makes the environment undesirable for fungus to grow.

hence i think there isnt a prob with transmission of fungus.

dry unit prevent fungus from growing only. but if the humidity setting are not good, fungus will grow.

to kill them...I use uv light.

dominator said:
dry unit prevent fungus from growing only. but if the humidity setting are not good, fungus will grow.

to kill them...I use uv light.
If you know how harmful uv light for your skin, you won't dare to use uv light.

Regards,
Arto.

zcwnfx said:
i think wat does a dry cab does is that it makes the environment undesirable for fungus to grow.

hence i think there isnt a prob with transmission of fungus.
I second of that.

Regards,
Arto.

hmm, dun think fungus are air borne diseases... i think its most likely upon contact... perhaps you should try to put some rubber over the lenses before you insert them into your body... ;p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm, dun think fungus are air borne diseases... i think its most likely upon contact... perhaps you should try to put some rubber over the lenses before you insert them into your body... ;p
Or spray anti fungus :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

I could be wrong,I thought fungus propagate through spores, which are air borne?:)

midicity said:
I could be wrong,I thought fungus propagate through spores, which are air borne?:)

think tat 1 is different fungus... haha... and i think only mushrooms does the spores thingy & ferns... fungus... dunno, me not into this type of planting stuff...

i think fungus is airborne ba. but i think the spores are already everywhere. it isnt possible to eliminate them. we can only make the environment unsuitable for them to grow.

I think the other good way besides jus keeping them in a controlled environment, is to take them out in the sun and shoot shoot shoot!

it will improve your skill and also kill and fungus! ;p

Razor54 said:
All my Canons are placed together in the Dri-Cab (six of them!!!)..... A couple of my old EF lenses have some fungus on the glasses, but so far no problem after all these years with my other "healthy" lenses lying next to them.

In theory, a functioning dri-cab cannot cure but can provide fungus from growing...as long as the fungus are not in contact physically with the clean lenses, it should not pass on. To be safe, I keep those "sick" lens in zip-lock bags before storing them in the Dri-Cab.:thumbsup:
thanks to all.
so it basically safe to store all lenses in the drycab??
but i think it is safer to put lenses with fungus in a plastic zip lock bag like razor54 did.
dun want all the "L" kena fungus!! hehe..

henkee said:
thanks to all.
so it basically safe to store all lenses in the drycab??
but i think it is safer to put lenses with fungus in a plastic zip lock bag like razor54 did.
dun want all the "L" kena fungus!! hehe..

You'll get LL lens later... a hybrid of the L lens... :bsmilie:

i dont know if that is a good idea.

since it is ziploc bag, the moisture might be trapped inside, and hence more fungus growing?

Artosoft said:
If you know how harmful uv light for your skin, you won't dare to use uv light.

Regards,
Arto.

I been dealing and working with UV light since my 1st job and abit on my current job.
Why dare not use? ;)

dominator said:
I been dealing and working with UV light since my 1st job and abit on my current job.
Why dare not use? ;)
So I believe you know how harmful UV light to your skin ;) :cool: .

It does harm to eyes also. This one I believe you know too.

Not to mention it harm to your cameras and lenses.

Regards,
Arto.

there are fungus spores in the air we breathe... so even if you ziplock.. it doesnt mean fungus spores cant get through to your virgin lens... but even if they do, they cant grow because of the dry conditions in the cabinet.

jdredd said:
there are fungus spores in the air we breathe... so even if you ziplock.. it doesnt mean fungus spores cant get through to your virgin lens... but even if they do, they cant grow because of the dry conditions in the cabinet.

agree totally

Status
Not open for further replies.