transitions lens with photogrpahy

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
anyone here use transition lens while shooting?
I tot they wld improve shooting in bright sunlight
but there was an old expired thread where someone said it was like shooting with a ND filter behind the viewfinder haha

and GASP
I fd out that all plastic lense (polycarbonate) offer 100% UV protection (ie those cheapskate sunglasses all work regardless of tint)
well haha i guess it was rather dumb of me i put a uv filter on my lens
its also clear, why did i think i need tint to filter uv?

BUT transitions do reduce glare. which is like turning down the sun's bright light so you dun have to squint and all that...

Well, UV filters are relatively cheap at like 10 or 20 bucks a bang.

Assuming if u're walking one fine day and someone bangs into ur lenses. What would u rather see? Ur UV filter crack or the front element crack? :dunno: 20 bucks go poof or ur whole lens go poof?

More oft then not, its not really so much the 'cut down UV light' since lenses are coated to a certain extent. Its another layer of protection.

hmm... if it is quality is wat u seek in a lens, does it make sense to stuck a piece of cheap plastic in front when taking photos? well, of cos the cheap filter can be removed before taking a shot, but then, so can a lens cap :) Unless, go for those high quality UV filters but that dun comes cheap. Just my thoughts :D

jsbn said:
Well, UV filters are relatively cheap at like 10 or 20 bucks a bang.

Assuming if u're walking one fine day and someone bangs into ur lenses. What would u rather see? Ur UV filter crack or the front element crack? :dunno: 20 bucks go poof or ur whole lens go poof?

More oft then not, its not really so much the 'cut down UV light' since lenses are coated to a certain extent. Its another layer of protection.

Well, there are always B&W or Nikon filters that costs anywhere from $50 to over a couple of hundred dollars a bang.

Personally, Hoyas are good enuff for me.

strange... u guys never mention the coating on the UV filters...

anyway, if u just get a normal piece of plastic on your lens, i think it will have alot of flare... and when u use it to shoot some night shots, u will see ghosting... cos its not multi coated... good UV filter will be able to eliminate or reduce the flares and ghosting... me love my B+W MRC

HAHAHHAHAHAAHA

SORRY MY BAD?

I meant use transitions lens in spectacles and wear specs to shoot photos!

ROTFL..

slaam said:
HAHAHHAHAHAAHA

SORRY MY BAD?

I meant use transitions lens in spectacles and wear specs to shoot photos!

ROTFL..

lol... miscommunication..

Status
Not open for further replies.