Transcend CF cards and MemoryWorld. Well Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.

i cant stand it. seriously.

IMG_2528_small.jpg
Looking at it, i don't think i would want to even buy it. Look at the colours. So colourful. Haha.

GMAN

Call the main line look for elvin the owner and complain to him.

Sim Lim Square or Funan Memory World ?

Maybe can engage a lawyer.
For $20 worth, TS complained like siao liao ....
maybe TS should complain to his MP ...:think:

I have a transcend 512mb for the last 6 years ... still working fine!

I believed it is not about money.

I don't see anything wrong with complaining over a small amount. It is the poor service that he is complaining about, not the value of the product.

Since S$20 does not matter to you; would you like to give me S$20? A bit different now that the S$20 comes from your own pocket and not someone else right? :)

What's this reference to MP? MP has nothing to do with this. You sound like those "anti-complainers" in the ST Discussion Board.

Also, the fact that you have a working Transcend for over 6 years is irrelevant to the TS's complaint.

I believed it is not about money.

Yes, it is NOT about money (since he has used the card for a while, and a new card of such capacity and speed is so relatively low now) .... it's about REVENGE! ... it's about hitting back without giving the other party a chance to explain.

Just read these comments. If he has problems with this card for so long and which has failed him so many times, and especially one which has failed to get him his greatest shots, .... why was he still using this card since he has so many other cards of different brands? Logical?

"Kingston / Lexar / Sandisk cards works well AND they give great service too!."

"it’s a blackhole. Pictures shot with it would be recorded as files which I cannot open. Not once, not twice, but on many occasions with the latest just on Sat."

"I’ve missed some of my greatest shots already."

"Poor product, poor service."

I don't see anything wrong with complaining over a small amount. It is the poor service that he is complaining about, not the value of the product.
There is nothing wrong to complain over any amount, even if there is NO monetary value involved. However, since TS has declared that he has sufferred such high damages (such as losing some of his greatest shots in his life), for such amount (i am sure he can afford and willing to forgo, if he is that serious about his photography as well as NOT to miss any more of his greatest shots), he can actually use his other brands of cards. All these lost opportunities for such an amount? Even a simple xmm shoot cost twice that amount for 2 hr fun.:dunno:

and about whether $20 means anything to me, let's just say it is also irrelvant you quoted this.... but if you really need this amount for any useful purpose for yourself or anyone , let me know ... it's really no big deal if it is for a good deed.

What's this reference to MP? MP has nothing to do with this. You sound like those "anti-complainers" in the ST Discussion Board.
Frankly, I am definitely NOT a "anti-complainer". But I believe in fairness and objective complaining .... fairness means giving the other party to at least explain their position and reasoning, and objective is there must not have any bad agenda in your complaint.

Now Vince, just for illustration, let's just say I went to your legal practice to complain about the $50 charge (for say, a demand letter to my debtor a few years ago) .... and wishing for a better price for a new demand letter to the same debtor (which has failed to repay me again ... and because of this, I have missed out some of my greatest money making opportunities).

But first, I started calling your receptionist name (say, ChinaWoman, or cheenagirl - hey i am NOT racist:bsmilie: cause my ex-girl is one), and then your Associate came, and I have doubt in her suggestions (cause I am quite legal savvy and I don’t know there are such thing as "parallel importers at all!") :dunno:

Now you came, and you said “where got such thing? I’m quite sure NO ONE IN THE INDUSTRY DOES THIS. ”

But because of all these, and your unwillingness to do things MY way, I started writing in a public forum that all other legal practices are so much better than Vin Associates .... Seriously, poor advice, poor service. Other legal firms give me demand letters where my debtors pay..... knowing full well that you will not read this but ten thousands others will, and hopefully will cause you some damages to your reputation .... or if you read, you either will call me and give me a new demand letter for free, or maybe you dont respond at all!

"Think twice before buying transcend. Think thrice before buying anything from MemoryWorld." .... this is so unfair to MW.
Do you think for such an experience, TS is right to make such a statement in a public forum? Think of how much damages Transcend and MW suffer on goodwill, branding, reputation, etc ....

About TS bad agenda ...
"hmmm. i did post on hwz (heck i posted in a thread even earlier then on CS!)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2425341 "

I can only say, best wishes to TS ....:sweat::sweat: ....

Last edited:
I'm quoting first for ease of reference later, and for now, would like to say that if you had given this level of detail, people will not be responding the way they did to your intiial post.

It is because you responded in that cavalier manner which resulted in the response you got. Hence, those resposnes (at least those from me) still stand.

I'll respond to your detailed post below a little later as it is quite involved.

Yes, it is NOT about money (since he has used the card for a while, and a new card of such capacity and speed is so relatively low now) .... it's about REVENGE! ... it's about hitting back without giving the other party a chance to explain.

Just read these comments. If he has problems with this card for so long and which has failed him so many times, and especially one which has failed to get him his greatest shots, .... why was he still using this card since he has so many other cards of different brands? Logical?

"it’s a blackhole. Pictures shot with it would be recorded as files which I cannot open. Not once, not twice, but on many occasions with the latest just on Sat."

There is nothing wrong to complain over any amount, even if there is NO monetary value involved. However, since TS has declared that he has sufferred such high damages (such as losing some of his greatest shots in his life), for such amount (i am sure he can afford and willing to forgo, if he is that serious about his photography as well as NOT to miss any more of his greatest shots), he can actually use his other brands of cards. All these lost opportunities for such an amount? Even a simple xmm shoot cost twice that amount for 2 hr fun.:dunno:

and about whether $20 means anything to me, let's just say it is also irrelvant you quoted this.... but if you really need this amount for any useful purpose for yourself or anyone , let me know ... it's really no big deal if it is for a good deed.

Frankly, I am definitely NOT a "anti-complainer". But I believe in fairness and objective complaining .... fairness means giving the other party to at least explain their position and reasoning, and objective is there must not have any bad agenda in your complaint.

Now Vince, just for illustration, let's just say I went to your legal practice to complain about the $50 charge (for say, a demand letter to my debtor a few years ago) .... and wishing for a better price for a new demand letter to the same debtor (which has failed to repay me again ... and because of this, I have missed out some of my greatest money making opportunities).

But first, I started calling your receptionist name (say, ChinaWoman, or cheenagirl - hey i am NOT racist:bsmilie: cause my ex-girl is one), and then your Associate came, and I have doubt in her suggestions (cause I am quite legal savvy and I don’t know there are such thing as "parallel importers at all!") :dunno:

Now you came, and you said “where got such thing? I’m quite sure NO ONE IN THE INDUSTRY DOES THIS. ”

But because of all these, and your unwillingness to do things MY way, I started writing in a public forum that all other legal practices are so much better than Vin Associates .... Seriously, poor advice, poor service. Other legal firms give me demand letters where my debtors pay..... knowing full well that you will not read this but ten thousands others will, and hopefully will cause you some damages to your reputation .... or if you read, you either will call me and give me a new demand letter for free, or maybe you dont respond at all!

"Think twice before buying transcend. Think thrice before buying anything from MemoryWorld." .... this is so unfair to MW.
Do you think for such an experience, TS is right to make such a statement in a public forum? Think of how much damages Transcend and MW suffer on goodwill, branding, reputation, etc ....

About TS bad agenda ...

Buy what you feel is the best for you and don't complain since it is your choice anyway.

About TS bad agenda ...

all i can say, you must be related to MW or part of the board of directors for MW.

i dont understand why people can guard a shop/company so fiercely just because someone had complains against it. logical answer to this is in my first sentence.

on the part where you mentioned about me not giving chance for them to explain themselves, i spent 30mins in that shop, going thru 3 different people whom ALL showed me unbecoming attitude problems, how else you want me to give more chances?

unless you include kneeling down and begging them for a replacement / solution.

lastly, look. i'm not someone who like harping and destroying people's reputation. like i've said, i'm in the industry for quite sometime, and i know how things work.

this thread serves a reminder for consumers who might not be a techie, and yet probably been pushed to accept such ridiculous terms. it's only a backward step for service standards in singapore.

Last edited:
I'm quoting first for ease of reference later, and for now, would like to say that if you had given this level of detail, people will not be responding the way they did to your intiial post.

It is because you responded in that cavalier manner which resulted in the response you got. Hence, those resposnes (at least those from me) still stand.

I'll respond to your detailed post below a little later as it is quite involved.

Vince, i hope we let this matter goes to rest as I dont intend to be part of this malicious act of discrediting people, organisation and an international brand ...

I didn't write in detail is because I probably see things in greater details than most people here and if I have to write, it would normally be a very long essay. I find the TS is threading in an extremely "liable" position.

"Complaining to the MP" is a local slang to mean that people should know where, when and how to seek redress and solutions for their problems. As some MPs have mentioned, there are people who seek their help because their newly bought toilet seat is not comfortable and the agent refused to entertain them. And usually the MP will advise them that the right channel should be CASE or otherwise.... I hope you have now understood my intention.

However in this case, it is actually very clear that the TS is making use of the members here and other forums members to fight his case. Do you think if his case at the HWZ succeeded, will he post this "good intention" message here? He is trying to get sympathy from the members here for his personal gains.
It would be a different matter if someone shops at a "famously bad" shop at Lucky Plaza/SLS, and wrote a complain letter here.
But usually someone write in and will stop once the "fun" is over and the hot air is gone. You dont go around writing to different forums, claiming that an international product is bad just because your one purchase went bad, etc....

At least DLCA was more diplomatic to say "so transcend products ok, just service quality of memory world."

Secondly, it is actually a bad idea to make use of CS to write such bad comments about an international brand and a reputable company without any clear evidence. Can you imagine if we change the Transcend brand to Apple, what will be the consequence now. I am sure, maybe CS admin and most likely TS will be told by Apple attorny to substantiate his claims. :dunno:

all i can say, you must be related to MW or part of the board of directors for MW.
I can only say that you are very lucky that I am NOT related to MW, or worse still, if i am a director of MW because if i am, you will not be reading my posts here but instead you will be reading the letters from an attorney..... and I hope the directors of MW are reading this as well.

The main point here is that the TS walked into the store and asked for an exchange or top up WITHOUT SHOWING ANY RECEIPT.

That wiped off his chances of getting any exchange from the start. So it should not be memory world's fault whatsoever.

The card brand is faulty, that i can understand. I use Sandisk cards ONLY.

How can you expect to get an exchange when you don't even have a receipt to prove that you bought the card from them?

Seriously, this thread is pointless

Actually it depends, there are some distributors who are bound to their principals to service products no matter where it came from. It all depends on the terms of the distributorship agreement.

i got reminded by the regular salesman who i always go for from alan photo that when we buy sandisk product, we need to keep the box and the receipt of the sandisk card we bought if we want to claim warranty, there is a hologram stick on the box if you notice. The reason is that a lot of shops are bringing in parallel import sandisk cards or even fake sandisk cards.

I think TS is unlucky, my friend recently went to claim his warranty on his 4gb trancend card from Funan and the shop give him a 1-to-1 exchange.

I thought Scandisk is lifetime international warranty?

I thought Scandisk is lifetime international warranty?

depends, fake = die horrigible death...

but if you're talking about replacement, not all international warranty suppose for all items across the board. some items still liable and up to the distributor.

imagine everybody buy from US cos its cheap, then any fault local distro bear, think the distro will go bankrupt in no time.

depends, fake = die horrigible death...

but if you're talking about replacement, not all international warranty suppose for all items across the board. some items still liable and up to the distributor.

imagine everybody buy from US cos its cheap, then any fault local distro bear, think the distro will go bankrupt in no time.

Ok, then let's pray that those expats pro from US bought their CF cards from US. If anything happens.... :think:

Ok, then let's pray that those expats pro from US bought their CF cards from US. If anything happens.... :think:

ya... suay...

anyway, for what i know... normally those international warranty sure take longer time to process. for local warranty the clause for 1 to 1 will stand if they honor. but 1 to 1 exchange don't apply for international warranty. maybe only for expensive critical items like mobile fones.

CF card, can always go back own country... so only left with the minority amount of expats.

I have no problem with the Transcend cards that I bought from Memory World.
I think they were SD cards.

So far most, if not all all of the memory cards I have bought and used, whether top brand-name or chap-muk unknown makes - have been working well. From very cheap to quite expensive, all the memory cards work.

Maybe I forget, but it seems none of them failed.

I got problems with an old iPAQ model PDAphone that failed to recognise the memory card.
It was the old iPAQ model that was not in order, and the memory card was fine.

All the digicams I have used work well with the memory cards they are designed for.
e.g. Sony - Memory stick
Olympus - XD+ CF (7070)
Lumix - SD
etc.....

Last edited:
I also have no problem with Transcend cards bought from Memory World, got about 6 or 7pcs from 1GB to 8GB, so far so good. I prefer Transcend because everyone else use Sandisk so wont get mixed up. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.