Transcend CF cards and MemoryWorld. Well Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sandsk exchange centre in funan also gave bad services. They do not honor even if you have receipt. Memory world still do the exchange if the sticker is valid from them.

when i got my card, i didnt have a sticker thingy on the box at all, not at that time at least.

my 8GB card does have such a thing thou.

The 2gb 120x card must be from very long time ago... I had long suspected wat lifetime warranty that when it is some old stuff from maybe 5yrs or 6yrs ago, you bring back to agent saying it's spoilt, they will replace for you meh? i not sure, always suspect won't be easy, whichever & watever brand.

The 2gb 120x card must be from very long time ago... I had long suspected wat lifetime warranty that when it is some old stuff from maybe 5yrs or 6yrs ago, you bring back to agent saying it's spoilt, they will replace for you meh? i not sure, always suspect won't be easy, whichever & watever brand.

lifetime = product lifecycle's life... not your life...

so if item becomes obsolete, too bad... perhaps thats the reason why he cannot upgrade.

Actually, if the fault is a warrantiable fault, and the distributor/manufacturer has no stocks to replace, it is in THEIR interest to give you a "topup" kind of offer.

Reason is, if they cannot replace your product, they are in technical breach of their warranty agreement. Rather than to otherwise face court action; the topup is thus the most useful and safe option to take.

Bear in mind that consumers can easily go to small claims tribunal, get an award and do another Nokia lady thing. It is a tremendous loss of face if a consumer shows up with a baliff and starts seizing goods.

hmmm. i did post on hwz (heck i posted in a thread even earlier then on CS!)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2425341

so far no one laugh at me leh. :dunno:

as for the racism part, please dont turn this into one. it wont work.

i mean, how racist towards chinamen can i be when i have a nice caring loving gf who came from china once upon a time?

hmm. i'm sure i've been to this situation in a way or another numerous times, but this is about the first i met this kinda problem.

offhand i could remember:

Convergent System (Kingston / Lexar / Abit motherboards)
Corbell (MSI motherboards / Corsair RAMs, Antec PSUs)
Ban Leong (OCZ Memory, ASUS, Powercolour graphics cards)

Heck. even CANON offered me a topup option when my P&S camera had a fault that they didnt have stocks to replace.

*please get these numbers from yellowpages. call and verify, i'm quite sure they'll be happy to tell you this IS the industry practice.

bye.

I have to say I had problems with Transcend as well. I had a 8gb card and after one particular event, the files in the card became corrupted. I brought it to MemoryWorld and they refused to exchange or help in the data recovery process. They were rude and curt to me as well. I was really at my wits end when i was at the shop. In the end, I brought it to a friend who helped me recover almost every single photo using the scandisk recovery CD. Now, I only use Scandisk or lexar.

Actually, if the fault is a warrantiable fault, and the distributor/manufacturer has no stocks to replace, it is in THEIR interest to give you a "topup" kind of offer.

Reason is, if they cannot replace your product, they are in technical breach of their warranty agreement. Rather than to otherwise face court action; the topup is thus the most useful and safe option to take.

Bear in mind that consumers can easily go to small claims tribunal, get an award and do another Nokia lady thing. It is a tremendous loss of face if a consumer shows up with a baliff and starts seizing goods.

well, depends on the terms and conditions (normally in super fine prints)

i've tried to RMA Asus stuff with a super duper bad distro, in the end the item came back about few months later, and i've already write off the item as obsolete since i've already bought another new card... and its suppose to be 1st year 1 to 1, subsequent 2 years repair, and i've only used it about 9 months and its dead...

now when i buy stuff, i look at the bloody sticker on the box before buying...

Yes, everything also depends on the terms and conditions. I'm speaking generally; so if there's a specific set of T&Cs the TS requires to be reviewed, they remain as general comments.

That said, an unusual condition in super fine print is also liable to contravene Consumer Proection (Fair Trading) Act :)

Gone are the days of hiding things in fine print and then whipping them out later.

well, depends on the terms and conditions (normally in super fine prints)

i've tried to RMA Asus stuff with a super duper bad distro, in the end the item came back about few months later, and i've already write off the item as obsolete since i've already bought another new card... and its suppose to be 1st year 1 to 1, subsequent 2 years repair, and i've only used it about 9 months and its dead...

now when i buy stuff, i look at the bloody sticker on the box before buying...

TS - is this an isolated problem? i buy my stuff from the SLS branch. so far no problems with the people or CF card. :dunno:

perhaps just go and clarify with them. sometimes, it could be just a simple problem of mis-comm.

TS - is this an isolated problem? i buy my stuff from the SLS branch. so far no problems with the people or CF card. :dunno:

perhaps just go and clarify with them. sometimes, it could be just a simple problem of mis-comm.

doubt so, memory world customer service kinda bad now...

few years back, i can say their service quite good, but i think somehow, their current batch of ppl have kinda bo chup attitude, went in, they don't bother to serve, and most of the time, i think i have better technical knowledge than them... they're more interested in sales than after sales.

Reading this has made me real scared

Just bought 2 4GB CF (266x) cards from memory world last week.

Have taken pics on it and transferred to PC. No problem...so far.

But now if got important event, do i still use transcend card or change?

Reading this has made me real scared

Have taken pics on it and transferred to PC. No problem...so far.

But now if got important event, do i still use transcend card or change?

so far my transcend still ok...

have to make clear thou... memory world is a distro not manufacturer of transcend.

so transcend products ok, just service quality of memory world.

look, TS, just buy sandisk. won't go wrong.

my sandisk extreme III sd card already got one part break off, but still can work, so don't care.. wonder if it will be a problem in the long run

anyways, i have used transcend sd card (2gb) 150x on my k100d, then k100d ir for quite a while now, it is still working fine

I felt this card is not very fast... not as fast as you imagined to be 266x... I sold off to buy 300x. That i get a decent speed.

look, TS, just buy sandisk. won't go wrong.

Nuh....I got half my US trip images corrupted halfway through my holiday on a brand new 4GB Sandisk Extreme III......fortunately I have it backup the night before....so the lost is minimal....if not cry also no tear :sweat:

I am not trying to talk down the brand, I love the speed and am still using it and will buy more in the future...I realized it was partly my self to blame as I was using the card on old camera(D70)....the same card after formatted works very well in my new cam(D700) ever since without a single issue....so my point is there is no bullet proof memory card be it branded or unbranded....just remember to backup as frequent as possible if the content is important :thumbsup:

Irony I have another Transent 4GB that last me the remaining of the trip :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wah siao man... All my cards are Transcend. All 24 of them.... siao liao... I am going to explode soon... Any takers? :sweat:

I’m quite sure Convergent Systems (distributor for Kingston / Lexar) would gladly offer me a solution which I can continue shooting.

I had very good experiences with Convergent Systems. I usually buy PC Kingston memory chips from them, upon failure they test on the spot and replace; Just like that! The "send to Taiwan thing and wait for 3 weeks for replacement" is scary when it comes things that you run your business on. Surely though you have more than one card? :)

Though I have a ScanDisk Extreme III, I rarely use it since I do not have much need for the extra speed (and always believe in "cutting edge = bleeding edge", thus I use the slower cards :) ! go figure).

Nice to know though that ScanDisk is also covered for life.

-- Marios

Simple, don't call them chinaman. Its like chink. You don't call your ex chinawoman, right?

hmmm. i did post on hwz (heck i posted in a thread even earlier then on CS!)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2425341

so far no one laugh at me leh. :dunno:

as for the racism part, please dont turn this into one. it wont work.

i mean, how racist towards chinamen can i be when i have a nice caring loving gf who came from china once upon a time?

hmm. i'm sure i've been to this situation in a way or another numerous times, but this is about the first i met this kinda problem.

offhand i could remember:

Convergent System (Kingston / Lexar / Abit motherboards)
Corbell (MSI motherboards / Corsair RAMs, Antec PSUs)
Ban Leong (OCZ Memory, ASUS, Powercolour graphics cards)

Heck. even CANON offered me a topup option when my P&S camera had a fault that they didnt have stocks to replace.

*please get these numbers from yellowpages. call and verify, i'm quite sure they'll be happy to tell you this IS the industry practice.

bye.

Bro, since it's only a 2GB card, which cost less than 30 bucks, why don't you get a new Sandisk card or other brands, threat it like top up, continue your shoot while you wait for a replacement from this lousy service provider?

Win-win right? :)

"send to Taiwan thing and wait for 3 weeks for replacement" is scary when it comes things that you run your business on. Surely though you have more than one card? :)

-- Marios

Bro, since it's only a 2GB card, which cost less than 30 bucks, why don't you get a new Sandisk card or other brands, threat it like top up, continue your shoot while you wait for a replacement from this lousy service provider?

Win-win right? :)

Getting another card and forget about this incident is no problem for me. but really, hope more people will know about this, and dont end up like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.