Tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuSuo

Nov 21, 2008
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
I wish to get some feedback on the composition and how could I have done better with the framing?
Does this picture able to give you a sense of serenity as well as relaxation? What should or shouldn’t I do to better handle this kind of landscape situation?

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Wish to deliver feelings of tranquility and calmness.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I took this at late evening, when the sun almost set. Canon 40D, 17-50mm @ 17mm, F18. Shutter speed: 30”.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I personally like the tone and coolness of this picture, but I’m not sure if I did compose the picture correctly in term of the angle, should I shift more to the right to show more of the boats?

Thank you in advance for the comment.

Cheers!

3542142371_5c818972af_b.jpg

beautiful photo! just to tell what i feel, its better if those cranes on top right of the picture were not there. everywhere i go, those cranes seem to take place in my composition and its annoying sometimes don't u think? haha otherwise great shot

I think its a nice shot. I would crop off the lamp post on the extreme left. There is clubsnapper and active contributor call 'Night86mare'. He has done alot of work in this area. You may want to view his pictures as a reference.

It's a nice shot for me.
Framing wise, how about a pano framing, from the top most stone on the left?(personal preference).

beautiful photo! just to tell what i feel, its better if those cranes on top right of the picture were not there. everywhere i go, those cranes seem to take place in my composition and its annoying sometimes don't u think? haha otherwise great shot

Thank you, no choice... those cranes are everywhere nowadays..

I think its a nice shot. I would crop off the lamp post on the extreme left. There is clubsnapper and active contributor call 'Night86mare'. He has done alot of work in this area. You may want to view his pictures as a reference.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try to look out for Night86mare.

Too much open water on the right and too much rock on the left. So.. the feel of the picture is not balanced....

My initial idea was to show more of the water as sea always give people a sense of calmness, but again it's always good to try different angle and see what we get.

It's a nice shot for me.
Framing wise, how about a pano framing, from the top most stone on the left?(personal preference).

Thanks for the suggestion, but wish to ask, is pano taking a few shots then stitch it together?

Thank you for viewing.

The starbursts don't work for me. Very distracting.

I'm guessing you had to stop down to get a long exposure so that the water would be silky? Perhaps try with a GND, slightly larger aperture and manual-focus to hyperfocal distance to compensate for the decrease in DOF?

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
its doesnt portrays what you had intended to. the lights on the left are too distracting and it doesnt give the tranquility feeling. and the picture is too cluttered to portray the simplicity of tranquility and serenity. the foreground seems a tad too underexpose i felt. tranquility and serenity using couples with smooth and simplicity of nature like this.

oh ya... cranes are not really tat annoying... :) like labrador park... many great shots comes from there and they have cranes too. :) i have a humble example here.

if given a choice i would choose not to take this pic due to the messy components and the unflattering sky.

cheers. hope my comments helps.

I just see its another regular night in my life. Most probably tomorrow have to work. :confused:

The picture would work well if you wanted to show the contrast of the two halves. The left being very greenish and 'natury' and the right being bluish.

Status
Not open for further replies.