Training the eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuggen

Apr 5, 2006
Bukit Panjang
How does beginners train their eyes to construct a picture or find inspiration on a subject when they stumbled on. eg. ability to tell a story or create the atmosphere within a picture.

I know some are gifted with a good pair of eyes. What happens to those who dont? Any 'special training' advices?:dunno:

How does beginners train their eyes to construct a picture or find inspiration on a subject when they stumbled on. eg. ability to tell a story or create the atmosphere within a picture.

I know some are gifted with a good pair of eyes. What happens to those who dont? Any 'special training' advices?:dunno:

For a start, look at photographic books and images in Photo Library or Stock Photos. Study the composition, lines, balance and colours, and Ask questions why those images attract or impact you ?

Remember, Photos are 'Mono-vision' products, but we are living in a 3-D worlds, therefore translating from a 3-D world into a 2-D art form or images are an important skill needed to acquire and of in-depth understanding.

read the C&C treads and look at lots and lots of images
ask questions to why it works and why it doesn't

sooner or later it can become 2nd nature to you

well i believe that its a path of self-discovery...but constant exposure and like the rest have said...alot of questioning will do half the job...the other half would be to apply what you have discovered and experiment

cheers

FIRST THING FIRST. Go for traditional framing first. Understand what makes a good traditional framing. Then break the rule by getting a new angle. My 2 cents.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll read up and look at more photos. But will following traditional methods freeze the creativity juice. Or should I, like what witness said, self discovery. Look at what works for me.

But should I really care what others view on the photos, despite me favoring it?

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll read up and look at more photos. But will following traditional methods freeze the creativity juice. Or should I, like what witness said, self discovery. Look at what works for me.

But should I really care what others view on the photos, despite me favoring it?

you need to understand why you like your pictures before you can convince others to like it :)

pleasure is an abstract thing, but it's useful to know what stimulates pleasure, from there you know why you like, and not just because 'I like, therefore it is like that.'

Status
Not open for further replies.