Train Lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmarx

Deregistered
Feb 11, 2009
Bukit Batok
Where can I find the train lanes?
I once had been near bona vista MRT but that lane isn't accessible, I think.
Where can I find it?
Thanks in advanced.

Where can I find it?
Thanks in advanced.

You can try the one @ Bt Timah (Clementi) there...

Last edited:
You can try the one @ Bt Timah (Clementi) there...

May I trouble you to put a link to google map where it will be easier to find? I intend to go there one of these days too...

any other places?

Oh yes,

1)There's a small access road few metres after the bus-stop behind Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and,

2)There's also another access one bus-stop further down behind Bukit Timah Plaza.

Alternatively, you can access by the road leading to Bukit Timah Hill.

Please do lookout for passing trains... there is no yellow line drawn and train approaching announcement. :sweatsm:

Hope it helps.

Vic

:D
Thanks victan.
Thanks very much for all the responses.

there's the tracks passing through the Wessex estate too. Its at Portsdown road near the Temesek Club. But you gotta go right into the estate and go down the hill towards the tracks.

If you're after access to active KTM tracks, there are many places you can go. I live in Queenstown, and there is easy access to the tracks behind Tanglin Halt, all the way from behind the Blessed Sacrament Church to vacant plots (old Van Houten factory) behind Blk 80.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_46777/travel_site_10761/

If you scroll south from here, the area that runs towards Alexandra Hospital (a nice straight stretch in a relatively open field) is also accessible.

In fact, a lot of the track south from there looks easily accessible. You can also try the area around the Kampong Bahru flyover, or behind the industrial parks along Jalan Bukit Merah. It would all depend on what kind of background you want, I guess.

If you want abandoned track, there is a line that used to stretch to Jurong and some of the track is still in place, including a quaint old bridge across Sungei Pandan:

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_7921/travel_site_111647/

The bridge is next to the AYE (just northeast from Sheng Hong temple on the map), and the track leads from there to the Faber Terrace area. There's a lot more track in the area, with various levels of cover from the undergrowth. Some of it follows the cycling/jogging track along the canals. I never explored the full stretch, but the area near the bridge looks the most visible.

Last edited:
Please go down to Buona Vista again to see for yourself that it is accessible like nobody business.

2777099137_6739af0170.jpg

Where can I find it?
Thanks in advanced.

The most convienient and safest place is the Bukit Timah railway station. You can take a bus to King Albert Park (B45 Bukit Timah Road), and walk back to the railway bridge. Then walk up the lane to the station. Ignore any notices. Just walk up to the station. Greet the station master. Visit the station from 7am to 11pm. There will be passenger trains at 5.15 am, 8 am, 2pm, 3.50pm, 6pm, 10.15pm, and some other times. Goods trains may pop up any time. I recommend you to see the 8 am train that departs TGP at 7.40 am. It is the Ekspress Rakyat 2 to Butterworth, Penang via Sentral KL combined with the Lambaian Timur 29 to Gua Musang via Gemas. This long train is usually not pulled by the commonly spotted locomotive, YDM4.

Alternatively you can go to TGP (Tanjong Pagar). Kampong Bahru road offers you a scene of the shed. There is a turntable there, just like the one in Thomas and friends.

(This information will change.)

Visit the KTMB website at www.ktmb.com.my for more details, especially the update train timetables! Btw it is not safe to go onto the railway tracks at bends, and yourself. A train might pop up any time without sounding its horn.

Commonwealth MRT station, near block 70-80. unrestricted access.

The most convienient and safest place is the Bukit Timah railway station. You can take a bus to King Albert Park (B45 Bukit Timah Road), and walk back to the railway bridge. Then walk up the lane to the station. Ignore any notices. Just walk up to the station. Greet the station master. Visit the station from 7am to 11pm. There will be passenger trains at 5.15 am, 8 am, 2pm, 3.50pm, 6pm, 10.15pm, and some other times. Goods trains may pop up any time. I recommend you to see the 8 am train that departs TGP at 7.40 am. It is the Ekspress Rakyat 2 to Butterworth, Penang via Sentral KL combined with the Lambaian Timur 29 to Gua Musang via Gemas. This long train is usually not pulled by the commonly spotted locomotive, YDM4.

Alternatively you can go to TGP (Tanjong Pagar). Kampong Bahru road offers you a scene of the shed. There is a turntable there, just like the one in Thomas and friends.

(This information will change.)
:) Saw a big notice outside the railway station says no entry and no photography. Is it really ok for us just to walk further into the station to take photoes?:sweatsm: Looks like a very attractive place for photography.

Hi, you can check out my flickr pic, I just did a trekking/ phototaking outing with 2 of my frenz to the abandoned tracks..... but its quite tough... and its hard to find the entrance to the abandoned tracks area, we had to backtrack as we had overshot quite far....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johntanym/sets/72157622882376367/

Can i ask, where is the turntable located at????

Ok, let's be more precise.

I will recommend entry point B. Easier Slope (just over some low plants).
And nearer to the sub-station where the Guard is. Try to slip past the guard and you can be awarded to good subjects to shoot at!

Again, dun get yourself into trouble! :bsmilie:

vh526d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.