"Train is COMMINGGGGGGG" song at MRT

How much I liked the "Train is commming..." at MRT

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dec 3, 2008
Just out of curiosity, how many brother and sisters actually liked the "Train is Cominggg..." song the MRT stations played when the trains arrived at the station?

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
Just out of curiosity, how many brother and sisters actually liked the "Train is Cominggg..." song the MRT stations played when the trains arrived at the station?
Eventually it will become such an ear-sore one day... It doesn't matter if the song is likable or not...

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
It is not the intention that matters...but the tactic of employing a song that is to be played over and over again whenever you ride the train...not to mention that it actually annoys some peeps... You can even imagine that you can request playing your favourite song...trust me... you'll be ear-sore of it after consistently playing it out loud for a few weeks straight...

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
alamak, can change one mah. but only problem is, sometime dont know which direction one coming.
:bsmilie: true true.. .everytime the song plays... everyone whud?? which side?? :what: Can change one? I doubt you can have too many variations... one day you'll end up with a worser version like "oh yeah! oh yeah! hey!...."

Last edited:

bylim

Sep 2, 2009
i like it! nice jingle although it feels too much like a xmas jingle...

Jan 8, 2009
i tink they are using that to promote one of the local plays or musical right. If that is the case I actually think its a good idea, and does draw attention to the local production. it shows that there is flexibility in the management. just like the last time when they put the ripple strips in the trains during the grand prix season.

but if it is permanent, then i think its going to get on my nerves.

brapodam

Jun 12, 2009
AMK
alamak, can change one mah. but only problem is, sometime dont know which direction one coming.
Oh I remember last time they used to say which side the door of the train was opening when it was approaching a station... But they used left and right, don't make sense at all. It depends on where you are facing...

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
when i first heard the jingle, i thought it was a campaign to reduce suicide rates at MRT stations. i.e. ppl jumping onto the tracks.

turns out to be this MRT graciousness campaign. still, i dont notice much difference.

Feb 4, 2008
The sentence itself is not correct. It should not be "train is coming" it should be "the train is coming". Also since the song is played when the train is about to reach the platform it shouldn't be "coming" since that means it is on the way. It should be "arriving" which means it is almost here.

"The train is ARRIVINGGGG"

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
The sentence itself is not correct. It should not be "train is coming" it should be "the train is coming". Also since the song is played when the train is about to reach the platform it shouldn't be "coming" since that means it is on the way. It should be "arriving" which means it is almost here.

"The train is ARRIVINGGGG"
Reminds me of the old english series... Fantasy Island... "The plane, the plane!..." :confused:

wildcat

Sep 8, 2004
Bedok
I wish they wouldn't use "Mind The Gap" announcements also. It's not like the gap for our MRT like dem big like that. In UK, you really can put whole foot (and maybe more) and I think the warning is warranted but here.. maybe drop $1 coin in?

sweeper

Mar 25, 2005
Was wondering , is our train system the most naggy in the world ?

you got
- train is coming
- be vigilant to terrorist
- don't lean against the train door
- no eating / drinking
- mind the gap
- train transfer notice

what else ?

can't live without my noise blocking ear piece ... ;p

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Was wondering , is our train system the most naggy in the world ?

you got
- train is coming
- be vigilant to terrorist
- don't lean against the train door
- no eating / drinking
- mind the gap
- train transfer notice

what else ?

can't live without my noise blocking ear piece ... ;p
They can try this new one "Value your life. Think of your loved ones. Don't jump"

Dec 3, 2008
They can try this new one "Value your life. Think of your loved ones. Don't jump"
Or, inside the trains when reaching each station: "Wakeeee UP! Wakeeee UP!...Don't miss your station, sleepyheads!":eek:

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
I simply don't understand why do they need to announce that the train is coming, couldn't anyone see that the train is approaching? They didn't announce that in bus stop, why do they need to announce it here.

Plus... come on! the song is so obang and so freaking annoying... loud, noisy and stupid at best.;(

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Or on a more gruesome note.

"Getting crushed by MRT is no fun. It is a painful death. Please rethink your options."

Top Bottom