Traffic Police and their toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper ShutterBug

Dec 3, 2004
Bishan
Today 09 Feb 07 at 6pm along AMK Ave 6 towards Yishun, saw a TP dismounted from his bike and holding some handheld instrument and peeping into the view finder at motorist! :eek: His device is not mounted on a tripod.

Some new toys again and what does it do?

Yup i saw them using this device with a FUJI logo on the side standing on the overhead bridge. Prob radar gun with built int cam? :D

speed radar, view finder records down relative speed.

So now the TP on Bike also do speed checks without using Tripods?;(

sounds ggreat!, I thinkn we should have speed-radar+camera in all roads :)

Better yet, have SWD fitted in all vehicles.

sounds ggreat!, I thinkn we should have speed-radar+camera in all roads :)

Better yet, have SWD fitted in all vehicles.

The SWD(Speed Warning Device) is an old device that has been around for decades. Most are currently using the Speed Limiting Device. Basically, it cuts off the amount of fuel into the injector once the pre-set speed is attained (e.g. 60km/h). Like all devices, they are not tampered-proof. That explains why heavy vehicles in Singapore can still travel of speed above 90km/h even though they have such devices installed.

The SWD(Speed Warning Device) is an old device that has been around for decades. Most are currently using the Speed Limiting Device. Basically, it cuts off the amount of fuel into the injector once the pre-set speed is attained (e.g. 60km/h). Like all devices, they are not tampered-proof. That explains why heavy vehicles in Singapore can still travel of speed above 90km/h even though they have such devices installed.

HAHA how can devices outsmart human!:bsmilie:

TP bikes armed with radar guns are not new. It was in the papers ~2years back already.

TP have the best job in the world. ride bike whole day and still make a living. :bsmilie:

TP have the best job in the world. ride bike whole day and still make a living. :bsmilie:
U want to try?

Do liao dun complain hor? :bsmilie: If there's one line of job that's dealing with ubber shit from the public where every little thing they do will definitely get complain, that's the Police.

joking only lah. :bsmilie: i sometimes also pity them. singapore so hot, ride under the hot sun whole day wearing thick uniform. damn siong. :sweatsm:

Handheld speed devices were used by our police during the 70s & 80s. They were dangerous. Back then traffic police officers would pop out from the bushes in the middle divider along PIE to 'shoot' at potential speeding motorists. It was a natural reaction to apply brakes. Myself had done it and also experienced following behind motorists jamming their brakes. Imagine everybody stepping on their brakes suddenly on the highway. Some how , they stopped using it and seemed like the SAF Provost Unit took over. Could see MPs 'shooting' SAF vehicles. Then it also faded off. Don't know why they are using these devices again. Perhaps they have forgotten the dangers.

Drive safely. If one's sticking to speed limits, one need not fear.

joking only lah. :bsmilie: i sometimes also pity them. singapore so hot, ride under the hot sun whole day wearing thick uniform. damn siong. :sweatsm:

That is why there always shoot under pedestrian overhead bridge, take cover.

TP bikes armed with radar guns are not new. It was in the papers ~2years back already.

front n back of bike got detector. If both fail, they can still tail u.. travel @ ur speed then simply press a button to mark ur speed on their speedo...

Status
Not open for further replies.