Traffic Offence @ Bishan

Status
Not open for further replies.

modenaslim

Mar 2, 2003
Yishun Broadway KopiDiam
Visit site
Hi guys,

Juz check with you, is there a way to reduce the compound from $70 to ... lesser?
Parked my bike @ Footway at night...
S$70 equivalent to the cost of one session of Model Shoot liao! :( :( Sianz half!

Don't think so. You should know better NOT to park on pedestrian walk.

Hi guys,

Juz check with you, is there a way to reduce the compound from $70 to ... lesser?
S$70 equivalent to the cost of one session of Model Shoot liao! :( :( Sianz half!

If you've got a good/reasonable excuse, write an appeal letter. If can reduce the fine a bit also better than nothing :)

This is what i wish lor.... Sianz more than half now :confused:
Anyway will try send appeal letter bullshit them, if can reduce 50% also good mah!

Aiya $70 not so bad la... I've still got an appeal being processed by TP for speeding... $150 and 6 pts :p

I was like you park in pavement before and kanna think more then 4 times. Well if you think u are right in parking on pavement for some genuine reasons by all means appeal for it to be waive or reduce. But if you got no reasons and just park at your own convenience then...u decide yourself.

I appeal before giving crap reason and eventually still pay up! :sweatsm: TP not easy to appeal.

Hi guys,

Ur own fault u still wanna appeal?

All the best. Pray it doesn't goes up instead. :bsmilie:

You can actually try to write in to them explaining why did u park there.
(of course ur reason has to be really good) *go wreck ur brains* ;p

A friend of mine managed to get tp to waive the fine and was just let of with a warning.

when u write in, they will ask u to ignore the summon. If ur appeal is successful they will waive the fine. however if it is unsuccessful, they will issue u with a new summon.

check out my carforums.
Do a search on traffic offences

There has been a few write up on this.

cheers and good luck
:thumbsup:

If u took the risk and parked there just for convenience, knowing that it's an offence to do so, why appeal when u got booked? I got booked for dropping off a passenger in a bus bay and fined $170 with 6 demerit points. I didn't complain 'cos I was in the wrong. If u are not prepared to get booked and fine, then don't park illegally. I can't understand why ppl who commit all kinds of parking offence, knowing that it's illegal, and yet want to complain when they get booked. In the first place, if they are not williing to pay the fine, then don't park illegally.

Army code of conduct - You can do anything but don't get caught. Now you get caught better face the music. Sounds to me more like you parked at your convenience and so if you appeal, you are just wasting paper and your precious time. :)

lots of ppl here who can speak well on hindsight. Everyone will be such a great leader if only their foresight is as good as their hindsight. If modenaslim knew he was going to be fined, I doubt he will want to park there. I think it's the problem of being too obedient a singaporean. Everything rules rules rules.. must follow rules.. if don't follow rules then LL must accept to pay money.

It's an honest mistake, let's move on.

lots of ppl here who can speak well on hindsight. Everyone will be such a great leader if only their foresight is as good as their hindsight. If modenaslim knew he was going to be fined, I doubt he will want to park there. I think it's the problem of being too obedient a singaporean. Everything rules rules rules.. must follow rules.. if don't follow rules then LL must accept to pay money.

It's an honest mistake, let's move on.

rules r there for a reason...if u dun follow and kena fine, then who can u blame? so next time we broke some rules or laws, we can simply jus say "it is an honest mistake"?

Is this yr first $70 fine? Live with it; there'll be more as long as you're riding. Take it as the 'distributed parking fee' for all the free parking you get almost anywhere else. ;p

Learn to avoid 'hot spots' which always get patrolled. Some spots also have 'hot timings' (typically weekends) where they get hit often. :)

my "honest mistake" is for TS. He made a mistake so just pay the fine and move on. That's what all obedient singaporeans should do. Obey the law and work towards globalisation.

Globalisation! More good years to come!

Is this yr first $70 fine? Live with it; there'll be more as long as you're riding. Take it as the 'distributed parking fee' for all the free parking you get almost anywhere else. ;p

Learn to avoid 'hot spots' which always get patrolled. Some spots also have 'hot timings' (typically weekends) where they get hit often. :)
with ERP charging systems, many shopping centres are charging for bike parking now already.
Pay & prosper!

I can almost hear the argument that if you ride you should pay parking coming up soon!

got $$ buy car, no $$ pay fine :bsmilie:

Well i also received the same parking offence as u. Although i know i was wrong, i still think that it waste unfair to fine us.

For my case, there are only 6-7 parking lots for bikes around the area and the shopping mall nearby doesnt provide any parking lot for bikes. So for logical reason, i parked my bike on the pathway. And from the sight, theres certainly more then 20 bikes on the pathway. i guess everyone got the same ticket as me.

Sometime i just dont understand the authorities. Every week, i see lots of bike on the pathway at the same location, and its very obvious that the demand for parking lots is certainly more then the supply. Why cant they just paint a few more lines on the road and makes every one lifes easy. Or maybe someone out there jus want to keep the reserve healthy by collecting more $$

I ride for more than 10 years but I hardly remember having any offences the past few years.

Instead of learning to avoid hot spots, why not simply park at designated parking lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.