Traffic light gone nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To cross, or not to cross...THAT is the question.

All I did was press the button to send a signal to the traffic light that I am waiting on one side of the street and I wish to cross the road
n576691007_1421501_5734.jpg

The light went nuts. Began to show all 3 signals at the same time.
n576691007_1421503_6430.jpg

I looked back on my side of the signal. It showed the same thing.
n576691007_1421504_6743.jpg

I wondered whether I should cross or not, so I looked at the one with the red and green man. Alas, both glowed simultaneously, confusing my poor brain.
n576691007_1421505_7062.jpg

Moral of the story, if your eyes also had 30 second exposures, we would all never be able to cross the road peacefully :p

Ok. I like the story. But was the tilt on the last one necessary?

no the tilt was just a result of bad framing on my part

nah ... u shld have it swaying with motion blur ... cos u went giddy deciding to cross or not

There's nothing wrong with your monitor, the colour is indeed more cyan than green.

The white balance is off here. Was it intended? Quite a interesting series though, good job :)

Yea it is more cyan than green, no it wasn't intended and that just pissed me off. I never tinker around with the white balance...always keep it on auto. Seems like I better start playing around with it if I am taking night shots. For these pics, maybe photoshop will help

I have seen traffic lights flashing both green and red man at the same time for real, but interesting pictures anyway... :)

Nice play of long exposure.:) But I find the amber and red very close....was it like that? Don't get to compare as they never appear at the same time.:bsmilie:

can be sharper... some handshake or maybe off focus..
but interesting story..

Nice play of long exposure.:) But I find the amber and red very close....was it like that? Don't get to compare as they never appear at the same time.:bsmilie:
uh no..actually the red is appearing more like amber because of the amount of time it stayed active.
See the thing was, green signal was on for around..30 seconds...so had to time it in a way that I start the shot 10 seconds before it goes off...
the yellow one stays on for around 2 and a half seconds.
and the red one was on for 15.

I didn't calculate right and should have kept a 20 second exposure, that would have been more than enough...kept experimenting over and over...spent nearly 3 hours there...eventually i just had to give up and take whatever shot that i could. Wasn't there to shoot street lights anyway..was going to the beach for night photography that day:p

can be sharper... some handshake or maybe off focus..
but interesting story..
no handshake...was using the tripod. Mostly a bit off focus. Was having trouble setting it. Its still a bit of a problem for me to use the manual focus accurately. Specially on the macro lens. What looks accurate at that time, shows mild blurring when i upload the pics on the pc.

Wow, 3 hrs, thats a lot of patience...:)

uh no..actually the red is appearing more like amber because of the amount of time it stayed active.
See the thing was, green signal was on for around..30 seconds...so had to time it in a way that I start the shot 10 seconds before it goes off...
the yellow one stays on for around 2 and a half seconds.
and the red one was on for 15.

I didn't calculate right and should have kept a 20 second exposure, that would have been more than enough...kept experimenting over and over...spent nearly 3 hours there...eventually i just had to give up and take whatever shot that i could. Wasn't there to shoot street lights anyway..was going to the beach for night photography that day:p

Whats wrong with you guys. Do you expect him to take out his greycard and do a whitebalance test for accurate colours? Also what exactly is wrong with the tilting of the post? I dont see anything wrong with the framing, in fact I think it works perfectly fine for me. I am guessing you were one of those people who always wrote out of the lines during Penmanship in Primary school. Get over it already.

Nice capture(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.