traffic jam/ accident and Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
say AYE towards Jurong got an accident with casualty. and ambulance was dispatched from Alexander.

in addition the traffic jam was all the to CTE

My goodness how can the ambulance reach the accident site and sent the victim to hospital on time.

pondering...

why can't they despatch an ambulance from the opposite direction and stopped at the crash site. wouldn't that be more effective?

I always wondered that myself, but then again that would ALSO cause another jam at the opposite side, simply because curious drivers will slow down and look at the ambulance AND the accident scene.

say AYE towards Jurong got an accident with casualty. and ambulance was dispatched from Alexander.

in addition the traffic jam was all the to CTE

My goodness how can the ambulance reach the accident site and sent the victim to hospital on time.

pondering...

why can't they despatch an ambulance from the opposite direction and stopped at the crash site. wouldn't that be more effective?

Often organisations, especially uniformed ones - have SOPs. SOPs have their merits. However, staff are afraid to deviate from SOP for fear of being blamed if anything goes wrong. So everyone becomes brain dead and "follow the format".

Paramedics on motorcycles can be dispatched to the accident site, to give immediate treatment, if big ambulances cannot get through stuck traffic.

Last edited:
If cars were to be driven to the extreme ends of 2 lanes, an ambulance can squeeze through in between. Seen that before.

Getting an ambulance to arrive in opposite direction might not work. Is there a hospital or fire station where an ambulance can be despatched from in the opposite direction to begin with? A serious accident will usually cause both sides of the expressway to jam up. Drivers travelling in the opposite direction will slow down and watch. It happens. And how many times have you avoided a jam just because the radio dj told you so? Or did you find out about the jam when you are in it? In this day and age, traffic conditions are notoriously difficult to predict.

Air ambulance?
feasible in singapore?

[video=youtube;CAg_zW4swsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAg_zW4swsA[/video]

the other thing is, before the ambulance set out, do they check the road condition thru the numerous web cam around the island? that would have given them a clear picture of what it the condition; how bad is the jam and etc. what is the standard time for them to react to a accident? is there a respond time to meet?

what is the point of sounding the siren when the road ahead are already jam?

dont tell me the camera for Wayang only. for news report nfused:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;5CI2eWCZFrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CI2eWCZFrQ[/video]

the other thing is, before the ambulance set out, do they check the road condition thru the numerous web cam around the island? that would have given them a clear picture of what it the condition; how bad is the jam and etc. what is the standard time for them to react to a accident? is there a respond time to meet?

dont tell me the camera for Wayang only. for news report, for LTA to see where to setup ERP gantry? :confused:

what has LTA got to do with accidents? it's like saying to make coffee, first we need to prepare the tea bags...

and i'm sure they know. like Kit mentioned, people should move out of the way. and i've seen cars (and only once) squeezing to give way to a police car and ambulance to pass through the middle. however, this isn't the case in singapore. most of the time, no one wants to give way to the ambulance.

[video]http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=119002748299316[/video]

dont tell me the camera for Wayang only. for news report, for LTA to see where to setup ERP gantry? :confused:
There is a subterranean command post in almost every SCDF divisional HQ whereby traffic conditions can be monitored.

There is also a massive subterranean command centre deep below HQ SCDF, 91 Ubi Avenue 4 which is an integral component of the National Emergency System (NEST) not to be mistaken with the NEST team from Michael Bay's Transformers film series. They are equipped to handle "apocalypse" events.

You described a scenario where the accident happened on the expressway. If that's the case and a jam had been built up, the ambulance have to drive through the jam to get to the patient what. How does a traffic report help?

You described a scenario where the accident happened on the expressway. If that's the case and a jam had been built up, the ambulance have to drive through the jam to get to the patient what. How does a traffic report help?
yes they can plan another route . or despatch from another centre.

no?

*facepalm*

you sure you can do that with Singaporean drivers around?

why not the other way round? there may be more foreigners that drives like that compare to singaporeans.

why not the other way round? there may be more foreigners that drives like that compare to singaporeans.

:bsmilie:

you sure about that?

take a cab.

drive/ride on the expressway. i've been tailgated by ah bengs in Lancer Evos and Subaru WRXs. and uncles in taxis, mercedes and BMWs.

and read the statistics. more foreigners buying cars doesn't mean that they are worse drivers. in fact, i find that most foreign drivers are pretty safe on the roads.

and that's coming from someone who's actually interacting with many foreigners.

Last edited:

Foreigners are trained that if they see or hear an emergency vehicle coming, to get out of the way no matter what. This can include mounting kerb, running red lights (with flashing headlights, etc etc etc).

isn't there something called Road Shoulder...hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.