Traffic Accident - Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwest

Sep 20, 2006
Yesterday morning, an idiot motorist slammed into the back of my van - driving too fast and too close in wet conditions. He hit me so hard that I then hit the car in front (we were both stationary at the time).

I use the van for my work and now it is out of action for at least a week. The agents at STAR auto repairs did the necessary paper work for me to claim on his insurance but in terms of replacement vehicle, they can only provide a crappy Proton Wira on Tuesday of next week. In the meantime, will provide travel expenses of approx $50 per day. This would be adequate if I just used the van to travel to and from work everyday but that is not what I do. I really depend on having my own transportation to get to studio, carry my equipment to shoots, get to printers, visit clients etc...This accident is going to cause a lot of disruption to my business and the terms offered just seem unacceptable to me.

Anyone with any experience in these matters can advise? Much appreciated.

Yesterday morning, an idiot motorist slammed into the back of my van - driving too fast and too close in wet conditions. He hit me so hard that I then hit the car in front (we were both stationary at the time).

I use the van for my work and now it is out of action for at least a week. The agents at STAR auto repairs did the necessary paper work for me to claim on his insurance but in terms of replacement vehicle, they can only provide a crappy Proton Wira on Tuesday of next week. In the meantime, will provide travel expenses of approx $50 per day. This would be adequate if I just used the van to travel to and from work everyday but that is not what I do. I really depend on having my own transportation to get to studio, carry my equipment to shoots, get to printers, visit clients etc...This accident is going to cause a lot of disruption to my business and the terms offered just seem unacceptable to me.

how long is the repair going to take?

normally, depends where you go, all the cost will always go back to you, you can tell them to forget about the wira and rent another commercial vehicle instead... probably you can ask them to rent and put into their paper work... since its still the same type of vehicle and not like your van gets damaged and you ask for a merc S class.

you could start sourcing for price of a commerical vehicle rental price.

got the experience b4...i rent a van for a week about $500 and claim from the motorist also.

sorry i mean a month for $500

If I'm not wrong, you are able to claim all your expenses against the person's insurance. One of my colleague had a similar accident before, he ended up take cab to work and home, and whenever he go outs, he would asked for the taxi drivers for the receipt and then submit to claim against the insurance of the driver that banged his car.

But I do think there is a maximum cap you claim per day.

Best is check with your car insurance company about such details.

:mad2:

I worst, the driver fell asleep and WAMP! right into the back of my vehicle, His engine dropped out from its bonnet and my vehicle moved half a parking lot and hit the vehicle in front. But I wasn't in the vehicle. It was early in the morning. Any accident must get a witness to have an advantage. Nowadays very difficult to claim:mad2: Needless to say my vehicle was very badly damaged. Bumper, radiator aircon fan , bumper, boot, side doors, the mechanic needed to anchor the vehicle to realign the side doors and chasis.Damn him for falling asleep and till now the insurance does not want to compensate.

You can try filing at the small claims court for the compensation.

You can try filing at the small claims court for the compensation.

in TS case...SCT might not work IMHO

cause its raining...the defedent can say a lot of crap...

true.. but nowadays.... motorists are very inconsiderate and they love to drive recklessly. i have a few experiences when the motorist almost whacked my car backside there was one case where my side window almost gt rammed out.... 1 more cm and its gone man... almost.....

these days... motorists ah.. horrible. taxis also lor... these days... sigh.

true.. but nowadays.... motorists are very inconsiderate and they love to drive recklessly. i have a few experiences when the motorist almost whacked my car backside there was one case where my side window almost gt rammed out.... 1 more cm and its gone man... almost.....

Taxi are the worst drivers!

Fast & Furious mah...

was driving the other day, about 100+++ (conservatively)

then got 1 car high beam me... nb... so let it pass... super slowly it creeped over... idiot... 1 small Getz or Jazz or something... pui... tis kinda small car still dare high beam... :angry:

Taxi are the worst drivers!

eh, at least sometimes their hazard light and signal lights work ok, just that sometimes they press abit slow, so shine 1 or 2 time they stop or change lanes...

better than some big cars, the signal lights like never install, suddenly enter your lane 1... then horn they cannot hear, cos the sound system too darn good... so u have to jam brake, and then ppl behind u ram you... :thumbsd:

Fast & Furious mah...

was driving the other day, about 100+++ (conservatively)

then got 1 car high beam me... nb... so let it pass... super slowly it creeped over... idiot... 1 small Getz or Jazz or something... pui... tis kinda small car still dare high beam... :angry:

did he wave thanks? usually i will do that if people let me pass...

true.. but nowadays.... motorists are very inconsiderate and they love to drive recklessly. i

And they don't like to give way, even if there's a reasonably large gap, they would speed up so that you can't cut into their lane. That's my pet peeve. Everything else I can manage.

And they don't like to give way, even if there's a reasonably large gap, they would speed up so that you can't cut into their lane. That's my pet peeve. Everything else I can manage.

ya... i can signal whole day, nobody give way, in the end, i squeeze in, bo pian... they horn me...

Nah, it wasnt raining hard enough and the road wasnt that wet, he purely wasnt paying attention, and nowadays with ABS and all this hi-tech crap, a little bit of water like that isnt going to make a massive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.