Traditional vs Modern

Which one would u go for? TCM or Western Medicine?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Of cos this is not abt photography or another flame thread on 'film vs digital'.

Just wanna know u guys opinion on Traditional Chinese Medicine (or TCM) vs the modern 'Western Medicine'.
Suppose you have a serious injury: Which one would u go for?

Suddenly had a rush to do this poll to see u guys opinion of TCM vs Western Medicine when I was doing my acupuncture treatment last weekend.... :think:

Yes. I feel like amputating my legs off right now.

MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!

jsbn said:
Yes. I feel like amputating my legs off right now.

MY LEGS ARE KILLING ME!

Now I know why you dance so well.......

Anyway a mixture oof Chinese and Western Medicine is sometimes a great combinations.

I remember when I was China, felt really sick, bad headache, and same like yours LEGS KILLING ME......when thru with Chinese Physician. Poke a few needles......WAH LA.......30 minutes later felt like the battery in my body at FULL charge. Gave me 5 packets of medicine herbs (Wah lau SUPER BITTER) and for 5 days.....and never felt better.

Singapore Chinese Physician is not that good as China ones as there are some herbs and medicine which is ban in Singapore. So the best is go to China to see one as they have ALL sort of medicines and herbs.

How can you answer a question like that? It of course depends on the injury.

If you have a broken bone, TCM cannot help much. On the other hand, if you have a sprain or a twisted joint, those tie da guys can work wonders.

You should read the Peak interview with Eu Yan Sang's CEO. Wonderful stuff. He explains how he succeeded in the business, and how Eastern and Western medicine complement each other. In brief, TCM is good as preventative medicine, helps one maintain and improve health and vitality. On the other hand, western medicine is good for curing illness, but does little for people who are not sick. So we have things like chinese herbs which are meant to make one stronger, balance yin and yang, etc. to prevent illness and improve one's health. But when we have serious illnesses, it's western antibiotics and other procedures (eg surgery, chemotherapy) which are the best means of cure.

One is not exclusive of the other, and in fact, the two should complement each other.

jsbn said:
Of cos this is not abt photography or another flame thread on 'film vs digital'.

Just wanna know u guys opinion on Traditional Chinese Medicine (or TCM) vs the modern 'Western Medicine'.
Suppose you have a serious injury: Which one would u go for?

Hmm... I guess it ain't instant cures for chronic injuries eh? :think:

Sigh... :(

Pro Image said:
So do you feel the need to do more things after inserting some needles on your body???
I feel pretty good actually! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.