traditional saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

macson

Jan 22, 2007
what is the point of focusing someone backview when u can see the front. so i try to shift the view to the side.

jonkk

Dec 29, 2006
Singapore
nice photograph :) i think it's interesting the way you shot from the back to include both the subject and the reflection, but focussing on the reflection in the mirror! i shot a similar photograph of a little girl having her hair cut on CNY eve..
it's a photo that relates to the person being photographed as you can see the reflection (what the person sees when he has his haircut) and also relates to the third-person perspective..
it might be a little cramped visually, but then again reflective of the arrangement of quite a lot of the old-school barbers :) which i like!
the black and white can be improved upon though, i feel. have a better/smooth gradation between the darkest and lightest point.. makes it look more real and stunning/compelling..
good work :)

macson

Jan 22, 2007
nice photograph :) i think it's interesting the way you shot from the back to include both the subject and the reflection, but focussing on the reflection in the mirror! i shot a similar photograph of a little girl having her hair cut on CNY eve..
it's a photo that relates to the person being photographed as you can see the reflection (what the person sees when he has his haircut) and also relates to the third-person perspective..
it might be a little cramped visually, but then again reflective of the arrangement of quite a lot of the old-school barbers :) which i like!
the black and white can be improved upon though, i feel. have a better/smooth gradation between the darkest and lightest point.. makes it look more real and stunning/compelling..
good work :)
thank you. will try to improve the b&w

nikonrus

Feb 15, 2007
personally I'd open the apature just a tad more or add half an EV. I know the focus isn't on the barber, but his reflection on the mirror is a little dark.

Jan 28, 2007
North of S'pore
Or focusing in on the Customer's expressions. For all we know, the read and the hair cut is boring him to sleep...:bsmilie:

can maybe focus on the magazine he reading!! haha then become advertisement to promote the topic of what he reading..

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#1, the focus should be on the customer face but it is not sharp, and the shampoo bottle behind him is sharp.
#2, both faces are underexposed.
#3, improve the contrast of this photo, the white point should be the on the highlight of the customer's shirt.
#3, you can crop away the right side, till the ear of the barber.

macson

Jan 22, 2007
#1, the focus should be on the customer face but it is not sharp, and the shampoo bottle behind him is sharp.
#2, both faces are underexposed.
#3, improve the contrast of this photo, the white point should be the on the highlight of the customer's shirt.
#3, you can crop away the right side, till the ear of the barber.
thanks man. i appreciate ur comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom