Toyko Auto Salon 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisiang

Oct 3, 2004
Ho Chi Minh City
www.swog.sg
Anyone interested in going??

MAKUHARI MESSE (Nippon Convention Center)
  International Exhibit Halls 1 through 8.
  2-1, Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba-ken, Japan

Show schedule
  January 14 to 16, 2005 (Friday through Sunday)
  Some restriction apply on Friday, not open to the public.

This will be my fouth time there liao. This is the mother of all after-market modification exhibition. It will take you at least 2 days from morning 10 am - 6 pm non-stop shooting in order to just barely finish shooting.

I am also planning to arrange tour package for pple from SWOG as well. The last trip we managed to get air tix (ANA) + 4 nights hotel (Shinagawa Prince) @ SGD$1,400 (pay direct to travel agent). Transport (train+mrt), makan, drinking, sight seeing, adult entertainment, etc please pay yourself :bsmilie:

Not open for booking yet. But please let me know your responds.

More information here: http://www.e-autosalon.net/

some shots from this year's TAS. ;p

imagegirls-01.jpg

imagegirls-02.jpg

The big finale is round the corner again.

Who wanna go? Air tix + hotel approx $1,400 for 4 nights at Shinagawa Prince hotel (4 stars) + buffet breakfast. If never go shopping can survive under $1,800.

Travel will be on public transport. Average cost of a meal S$7~S$15. Airport transport is about S$50 one way, so both way will be S$100. Autosalon ticket is S$30 per entry.

Day 1 Morning - Arrival + Check in
Day 1 Afternoon - Lunch at smal small noodle shop
Day 1 Afternoon - Trip to SUPER Autobacs
Day 1 Evening - Dinner + Rapongi

Day 2 Morning - Tokyo Auto Salon 2005
Day 2 Evening - Shinjuku/Rapongi

Day 3 Morning - Tokyo Auto Salon 2005 or Tokyo Disney Land
Day 3 Evening - Free and Easy

Day 4 Morning - Tokyo Auto Salon 2005 or Harajuku + Temple
Day 4 Evening - Free and Easy

Day 5 Morning - Free and Easy
Day 5 Evening - Bye Bye Tokyo Hello Singapore

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Is the Auto salon 2005 venue near to their subway?
Think can get the tourist pass (unlimited rides) for S$400.

The JR Pass not worth it if u're not taking Shinkansen (or Bullet Train) or travelling between provinces. Costs $460 to be precise.

Anyway, its a pity. I think I'll be busy for that period. :(

Take note that January is quite cold. Prepare ur coats! :D

paiseh, can confirm is it day one = jan 14? cos the first post say its from jan14 to 16 but the prior post say got day 1 to day 5. i also feel like applying leave to go le :think:

Been to the Tokyo Motorshow. This is really the mother of all car shows. Cars are fantastic with nice show case. Jap girls....well just prepare a few buckets of pails for your blood as you will be nose bleeding all the way! :bsmilie:

Pro Image said:
Been to the Tokyo Motorshow. This is really the mother of all car shows. Cars are fantastic with nice show case. Jap girls....well just prepare a few buckets of pails for your blood as you will be nose bleeding all the way! :bsmilie:

Remember to bring an EXTRA Lexar 2 gig card from East Gear too .. am sure there will be lots of good pictures to be taken...

Happy Shooting

:)

Sputnik said:
Remember to bring an EXTRA Lexar 2 gig card from East Gear too .. am sure there will be lots of good pictures to be taken...

Happy Shooting

:)

eh 2 gig where got enuf. i am going to bring East Gear 1 piece 2 gig, 1 piece 512MB for spare use, a 40GB X-Drive Pro, my 60GB iBook and 2 DSLR cams, a couple of lenses and loads of batteries from courtesy of East Gear again....., 2 speedlights and that's about it lar......hehe..

I'm still negotiating with the tour operator.

Now trying to bring it down to $1,400 air tix + 4 nts hotel ;p

Batteries are super important. Weather is cold so batter life short. Can easily shoot up to 5000 photos. 1 day there confirm not enough one. Sometimes different day got different Image Girls!! ;p

I will need an indication of who is VERY interested to I can press price. those interested in going can please let me know what other place you would like to visit. Imperial palace, Mt Fuji... etc.

13/01/05 NH902 DEP 2355 ARRV 0725 +1
18/01/05 NH7051 DEP 1735 ARRV 2355

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Also to add, although I may be busy during the show, nevertheless this will be sort of a photographers' trip. So you can take your time to compose and shoot your photos, unlike typical tour whereby you always don't have time to compose your shot before the whole group moves off without you liao :D

Weather should be between -2 to 4 deg with strong winds. Rain not expected. May snow near Mt Fuji. Wind breaker bought from Sports shop here will not be enough. I have a few if you need to borrow.

Humidity - Low so please bring moisturiser.

Power socket is two pin.

Most don't speaks english so a pocket translator may come in handy if you got lost.

Auto Roam will not work. If you need to be contactable, you can rent a J-Phone from M1.

We will be taking public transport so lots of walking and weather is cold. A pair of comfy shoe is important.

to confirm: if we put our name down on the list now, when is the latest we can pull out if say anything crop up to affect the schedule? say dec 31st? thanks..

As long as you haven't pay a single cent to the travel agent you can back-out. But please be "steady" hor. I don't make a single cent out of this and if everybody back-out on me next time will not be $1400 but $1800 liao :confused:

will be bz in jan 2005 :angel: ..so i will probably go for jan 2006

hey i m a newbie in this forum.. can i join..

i'll be in Japan during that period for some matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.