TOY-ota

Status
Not open for further replies.

r32

Dec 31, 2002
Singapore
The reason for the thread title would become clear - the use of a long lens visually "flattens" the car, making it look like a toy car in one of the shots. I used a polarizer for these shots, getting a nice background crop proved to be challenging. So some of the photos are shot in a slightly less ideal framing.

CRW_4707.jpg

CRW_4686.jpg

CRW_4710.jpg

CRW_4712.jpg

CRW_4691.jpg

#4 really looks like a toy car. Hee hee. #5 looks like it came straight off the car brochure. Nice!

very nice!
but i think the PS'ed number plate spoils the overall effect.

Probably nicer to add a YARIS on the licence plates?

The first shot is ordinary, but fulfils the purpose of showing a fairly standard Vitz contrasted to a kitted out Yaris. (Yaris is actually the international version of the JDM Vitz)

CRW_4827.jpg

CRW_4794.jpg

CRW_4814.jpg

CRW_4839.jpg

Again, any comments and questions are welcome.

Jalan Gemala.......right? heh

CRW_4827.jpg

R32, may i ask why is there like fogging/ghosting/flare in the above pic?:dunno:
this is apparent in the both the cars from the road to the lower half of the doors.:dunno:

R32, may i ask why is there like fogging/ghosting/flare in the above pic?:dunno:
this is apparent in the both the cars from the road to the lower half of the doors.:dunno:

If you look at the whole series you might notice that the cars are wet. Rain coming at the end of a long hot afternoon against hot bitumen tends to evaporate quite quickly as mist that hangs at low level. That's the fogging you might be referring to.

I had to throw out a number of photos where water droplets on the lens caused flaring when shooting against the cars' headlights, though, but that's my fault for not checking that the glass was clean.

Its from a show in the UK called 'Top Gear'. Jeremery Clarkson whacked a 100HP engine on the back of a Toyato and called it a Toybota. Then drove it across a lake. Its a very good episode.

Anyway, number 2 works for me, the fogging distracts quite alot form some of them, like Jeanie has said.

hehhee.. someone's new "TOY" ota.... hehhee...??.
great panning as usual, just feel the droplets of water spoil the pic... well at least for mi~

hehhee..

If you look at the whole series you might notice that the cars are wet. Rain coming at the end of a long hot afternoon against hot bitumen tends to evaporate quite quickly as mist that hangs at low level. That's the fogging you might be referring to.

I had to throw out a number of photos where water droplets on the lens caused flaring when shooting against the cars' headlights, though, but that's my fault for not checking that the glass was clean.

ic.thanks for the tip.
i love shooting cars too.:thumbsup: :D

hehhee.. someone's new "TOY" ota.... hehhee...??.
great panning as usual, just feel the droplets of water spoil the pic... well at least for mi~

hehhee..

These are not panning shots technically, they're tracking shots. The process is a little different.

These are not panning shots technically, they're tracking shots. The process is a little different.

trackking because you are moving in the same plane as the subject u are shooting?

care to explain the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.