• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish


forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#1
Anyone can share about the use of small dried cuttlefish for tasty soup. According to The Oxford companion to food by Alan Davidson, Tom Jaine - 2006 - Cooking "That of the cuttlefish...used to produce the colour sepia. ... However, they are toxic in their natural state,...

What happens when the daily soup that you have is served with the addition of the
dried cuttlefish. Could all the toxic consumed be harmful to our health? :think::(
 

Limsgp

New Member
Dec 16, 2005
1,128
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#2
Puffer fish is toxic in their natural state too..

But it's a well known delicacy ;p
 

Sep 17, 2008
3,656
0
0
#5
I was told paper money is toxic too.

So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you? :)
wa. haha smart guy:thumbsup:
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,702
0
36
106
Hong Kong
Visit site
#8
Its all about the amounts one takes in, a little toxin won't kill you (depending on the toxin). Many people misunderstand that so called 'natural' food is always healthy, but people don't know that many plants produce toxins naturally (organically grown or not).

Like for example Cassava, also called Ubi or Singkong, there are many varieties, but the ones with orange or red colour have high amounts of cyanides. Proper preparation releases the cyanide as gas, thats why when you eat cassava, it is always cut in pieces, and then boiled or cooked or baked to release the cyanide gas........
 

#9
I was told paper money is toxic too.

So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you? :)
Nice statement.. Maybe try telling that to the president..
Tell him this is the reason for him give you the national reserves.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:
 

Limsgp

New Member
Dec 16, 2005
1,128
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#10
There were news reports that currency has like 10.000 times more bacteria than toilet bowl seat..

so.. anyone wanna get rid of their money? :devil:
 

Last edited:
#11
Anyone can share about the use of small dried cuttlefish for tasty soup. According to The Oxford companion to food by Alan Davidson, Tom Jaine - 2006 - Cooking "That of the cuttlefish...used to produce the colour sepia. ... However, they are toxic in their natural state,...

What happens when the daily soup that you have is served with the addition of the
dried cuttlefish. Could all the toxic consumed be harmful to our health? :think::(
I had been drinking the soup for ....years :>
Still alive and kicking ... :bsmilie:
Maybe the amount intake is not sufficient / significant enough to do any thing to our body.
 

Last edited:

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
1,689
0
0
Small Island
#12
I was told paper money is toxic too.

So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you? :)
Thats why SG uses platic notes now. I have only the plastic one.
 

forward

New Member
May 27, 2002
390
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#13
Some people say they drink the soup for years but did not mention how many times per week. What about drinking the soup at least four to five times per week for a year, is this
amount harmful to the human body?
 

spree86

Senior Member
Feb 3, 2009
4,774
0
0
Bishan
www.flickr.com
#16
I think if you don't take bucket loads at a time, the toxin should be able to clear out of your system without causing harm.
 

Top Bottom