Tourist wanting photography tips in Singapore

jacobindia

Nov 24, 2010
Hi, i'm a tourist from india spending 2 weeks in singapore (2nd December to 16th December 2010). I heard it might rain heavily during this season and most of the days are cloudy.

Can some one tell me what is the good timing with day lights?. Is most of the days going to be rainy & cloudy?.

Please give some tips of locations to photograph with reputed singapore landmark.

Is there any freelancers here who can take photos are a nominal cost (per hour, or on set of 2 or 3 hours package) and extend their services for 2 or 3 days. We are looking for some street self portraits or candid portraits in orchard, marina bay, china town or sentosa, whichever adviced by you.

Where can i find directory of freelance photographers who can give the photos in CD at a nominal cost.

Thanking you and expecting tips.

Indeed, there is occasional rain during December. But when it doesn't rain, the sky should be clear. Sun rises at roughly 6:30 a.m. at sets before 7 p.m.

• Central Business District — From Esplanade, MBS Skypark, Singapore Flyer, Merlion Park

Hi, i'm a tourist from india spending 2 weeks in singapore (2nd December to 16th December 2010). I heard it might rain heavily during this season and most of the days are cloudy.

Can some one tell me what is the good timing with day lights?. Is most of the days going to be rainy & cloudy?.

Please give some tips of locations to photograph with reputed singapore landmark.

Is there any freelancers here who can take photos are a nominal cost (per hour, or on set of 2 or 3 hours package) and extend their services for 2 or 3 days. We are looking for some street self portraits or candid portraits in orchard, marina bay, china town or sentosa, whichever adviced by you.

Where can i find directory of freelance photographers who can give the photos in CD at a nominal cost.

edit. http://www.singaporevr.com/attractions/attractions.html more local attraction

It is the monsoon season but this will depend. Tendency for more precipitation. Google for our local weather forecast.

You have already answer the most common landmarks. In addition, Singapore river, and check out the list of conserved buildings.

You will have better response in the "Services Wanted" subforum

edit. more local attraction. http://www.singaporevr.com/attractions/attractions.html

Last edited:

Hi Jacobindia,

I have sent u a PM, please check your inbox. :)

Orchard road will be lit up with Christmas lights. So will a lot of the retail malls so come equipped for night shooting. The crowds will be there so you will need to be creative.

December is a wet month but reflections on the road after the rain gives some interesting images.

Thankyou everyone. That is a lot of quick tips. I've been a visitor / member to many photographic forums and still i need to admit, this clubsnap is awesome, vibrant & active and stand unique from most of other forums.

Is there any location in singapore for time lapse photography, some tips will be helpful & preferable time for that.

How will be rainfall likely to be in Bintan? I am there for a 2 days weekend break. Is the water clearer for snorkeling & underwater video / photography (with a pocket size waterproof size camera, Kodak Playsports).

I heard there are few booths in Singapore that give 3D photography? please give some information regarding that.

Thankyou everyone for all the support so far.