Tough

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
5974266139_1e18382abf_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Tone , Composition , and Tough feeling

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Turn into Sephia , have a old feeling to achieve tough feeling

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I saw the old man grep the can to sell it again to make a living , tough live for sure .

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think need to see the face of the person to make more nature .

Tone - The tone seems to be rather bland, to be honest. I would add more contrast to the photo, because everything seems really flat.
Composition - It's pretty good! Maybe crop a little of the bottom half off so the rule of thirds apply.
Tough feeling - I don't really see 'tough' in this photo, more like tiredness. I know you tried to create it with a sephia tone, but I would knock down the saturation and maybe try a blueish tone? Off course it's up to you. :)

x

Tone is fine for me
composition is abit off because u left too much foreground and it seems the camera focus was on the foreground instead of the man.
Great idea though!

Seems that the old man is slight in the OOF zone, as the focus point seems to be the grass patch in front or the second tile.
I think it would be better if the old man is sharply focus.
Just me 2 cents=)

On first look, I think I get what you mean by tough based on just the title and picture (I skipped the text since pictures should speak for themselves) but on closer look, it's as the old man is thinking. Hmm... the can is the one that is being tough - hard to flatten it.