Totally Non-photographic Poll!!!

What Came First?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better ways to increase your post count, and this isn't one of them.

wah... just for the fun of it what... if don't like, then remove lor... improve what post count? what's tht? got prize one har? :( :bheart:

I thought this question has been answered many times before? I don't understand why people keep on asking this question. Anyway, the obvious and correct answer is the egg.
It's really quite simple. Here is the answer in laymen terms.

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.

Guess you are an evolutionist. I would think the world is CREATED thus the chicken must have come first. Dun think sperms and eggs were created and not humans... Anyway, to each his own views lah. :D

Originally posted by laugh
Guess you are an evolutionist. I would think the world is CREATED thus the chicken must have come first. Dun think sperms and eggs were created and not humans... Anyway, to each his own views lah. :D

God came 1st :D

When you order chicken rice with egg, they put the chicken on the rice first then put the egg on top. So the chicken comes first in this case.

Hmmm . . . :think:
subhuman's question appears to be too vague. (S)He needs to be more specific, as all the responses are valid depending on how the question is viewed. :p

Originally posted by the_tick
Hmmm . . . :think:
subhuman's question appears to be too vague. (S)He needs to be more specific, as all the responses are valid depending on how the question is viewed. :p
True.

In the dictionary, chicken comes first before the egg. :bsmilie:

Well, the chicken has to come before the egg can become a chicken, otherwise the egg will always remain an egg.

*funny what I can come up with when I'm on cough medication...*

hmm something had to 'come' to produce the egg methinks hehe.

Originally posted by the_tick
I thought this question has been answered many times before? I don't understand why people keep on asking this question. Anyway, the obvious and correct answer is the egg.
It's really quite simple. Here is the answer in laymen terms.

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote.

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. So, the egg must have come first.

Oh come on..
they evolved from Prokaryotes...
Evident from presence of mitochondria in their eukarkyotic cells

Status
Not open for further replies.