totally lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastwatch

Mar 18, 2002
-
Visit site
hi,

i'm in a dilemma:dunno: ...and i really hate it. i've been to most review sites...but what i really need are some first hand comments and opinions...so if you have used these cams before, and there's smthg abt it, or the lack of some features which bothers u, let go of ur frustrations;( here. i know they are vastly different in features, in quality, and in prices, hence the prob. i'll seek funding, so please do not put pricing into consideration(although it helps if you do:) ). hope all don't get a headache over replying, just post whatever that comes to ur mind, or sticks out like a sore thumb while using the cams. yes, do not add any more cams to this list, my head hurts already, unless you have like 101 reasons for adding it. ok, at least 5.

canon G2
canon PRO90IS (what lens needed to take macro?)
olympus c700
olympus c4040
fuji finepix s602z (i understand this is not out yet, all the salesppl at sim lim were giving me weird looks, or showing me the 601 when i asked abt the s602z availability, it seems all, except one don't know anything abt the cam yet. but judging from the specs, it seems too good to leave it out.)

i didn't list any sony cams as i can't stand the proprietary status of the cam, where almost everything has to be sony. no offence intended to sony users.

so, vents, compliments or choices, let it all out here.

:gbounce:

I own a c700uz. Basically it's a very good camera with a strong 10x zoom. But the bad pts are as followed:

-No IS
-No AF light(so at night hard to focus)
-No noise reduction (your photo at night will have a lot of noise, but these can be remove using some software found freely on the internet)

The plus points are as followed:

-Great camera overall with superb 10x zoom
-Full manual controls
-Super light/small ( smallest 10x zoom camera )
-Good battery life ( 4 AA battery can last 150+ shots )
-Good price ( you can't find a 10x zoom camera at this type of price)
-Olympus has good technical support
-Good for travel

However, if you got the extra cash, you should get Pro90IS (but it cost ard 2 times more).

I saw my friend use Pro90IS and it looks solid and rich in functions and is able to take good night shots ;p. But a little bit heavy .

If you are already considering the C700 or Canon Pro90, you can also take into consideration the C2100UZ.

It also has the 10x optical zoom as the C700, comes with IS and AF low light assist. One thing it does not has is the one touch white balance manual setting of the C700. Functions almost similar to that of the C700. Can be considered like the "bigger" brother of the C700 (pun not intended). I have only been using for 3 weeks and I love this camera. If you can look past the size factor, it will make a good camera. Another plus factor is that it is now retailing at 900 w/GST at CP (Cheaper than C700). Saw this another thread some time ago. That's just my two cents worth. Sorry that I added another camera for your consideration. Hope the reasons I citied are "good" enough.;)

hmmm,

after looking at so many photos, i guessed i need a cam to take good night shots, as colours are much more vibrant at night in contrast to daytime, and it's a pity if the noise due to the cam spoils the pics.

ok, somemore specs that i require...

good zoom(at least 6x)
good night shots (check out the picture taken at Tangs)
at least 2.1Mp
full manual controls
small size.(i have a canon epoca, the old film type one, should not
be bigger than this)
fast, yet bright lens?(i do not carry tripods, heck, i dont even
carry an umbrella ard)

this should be all, but i'm figuring only pro 90 and s602z comes close...but i'm not sure abt the size of the pro 90 and s602z...the bigger the cam, the more susceptible it is to knocks..from the way i see it, and less flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.