total newbie looking for shifu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumo

Mar 19, 2005
hi guys...

i'm a total newbie to photography but m really interested in it.. tried reading some books but really too tedious and difficult to understand..

so i'm wondering if any expert here can take me under ur wings and give me some pointers.. in the meantime i can be ur assistant... =)

there might be others like me who can really benefit learning straight from pple who know ur stuffs... if anyone wish to share pls drop me a mail at fumofumo79@yahoo.com.sg

thanks in advance!!

fumo said:
hi guys...

i'm a total newbie to photography but m really interested in it.. tried reading some books but really too tedious and difficult to understand..

so i'm wondering if any expert here can take me under ur wings and give me some pointers.. in the meantime i can be ur assistant... =)

there might be others like me who can really benefit learning straight from pple who know ur stuffs... if anyone wish to share pls drop me a mail at fumofumo79@yahoo.com.sg

thanks in advance!!
I think the best way is surf here, join photo outing and club. also good to have a mentor, but be assistant.. Unless you want to take it as career, just keep it as hobby state is more fun.

yar i'm also tihnking of joining the photo outing and learn from there... thanks for the reply!

hmm.. read

"ClubSNAP's Photography 101 for Newbies
by David Wong"

take photos .. upload and ask for pointers...

look at other people's photos ...

go for outings ...

Reading articles and looking at other people's picture are good ways to improve. But the best way is still the willingness to experiment. Go out, take many pictures, come back, download and ask yourself why this one good, this one no good etc. Post some pictures and discuss with friends here...

Read more articles and take pictures and post it here for critics... post your questions @ the forum too... i think all of them would be glad to help u.... i think its a way of improving.... i've improved alot too although im still a newbie and learning... hee... :embrass:

fumo said:
hi guys...

thanks in advance!!
hello fumo,
welcome to CS. need to find someone who can teach/guide u?
go to Stanley Lim Colour Center (SLCC).

welcome to Clubsnap

You are already on your way by joining clubsnap and posting
join photo outings and shoot more
join photography clubs and meet with like minded people who share your passion.
post pictures and ask for critique, take the good with the bad and learn from it.
ask lots of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.