Total fertility rate last year hit a new low of 1.23

well. ~~ bleh. who wants babies when cars look so much nicer to feed?

well. ~~ bleh. who wants babies when cars look so much nicer to feed?
:bsmilie:

let's face it

1) long working hours, how to have time ? have baby already not home most of the time then what? maids or grandparents become the "parents" ?

2) houses aint cheap

3) cost of maintaing aint cheap

it's not about educating us on getting children. it's about understanding our primary concerns first. the total costs of just bringing up the baby to poly/jc/private education is roughly $80k WITHOUT the expense of eating out, buying gifts etc.

Government really need to brainstorm how to let Singaporeans have more sex and children after legal marrage. :D

:bsmilie: well at least sex is free and condoms are cheap.

:bsmilie: Condoms are sold at a cheaper rate in overseas.

lmao. so anyone have any idea on how to make ppl wanna ahem ahem more?

Looking at the feedback so far....10~20 years down the road we have no more baby photo shooting opportunity liao....how SG raise the birth rate to 2.1 without importing or outsourcing??? :bsmilie: Or perhaps sex and photography really don't mix :sweatsm:

lmao. so anyone have any idea on how to make ppl wanna ahem ahem more?

simple. HDB flats should costs no more than $150k for first time marriages AND buyers.
subsidies for the baby till at least primary school
increase the pay or decrease the costs of living

then i'll go get married now :bsmilie:

simple. HDB flats should costs no more than $150k for first time marriages AND buyers.

:bsmilie: That will be quite an incentive.

Relaxing immigration policies. You can see that there are more and more immigrants flooding to Singapore.

Given falling birth rate and aging population, what can the government do?

I have 3 couples friends who are in the late 20s / early 30s, professionals, earning well but choose not to have any children in their lifetime due to their personal beliefs, dreams, etc. Money is never an issue to them. Therfore, do not always associate money with falling birth rate. There are more than meet its eyes.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:that's a very good incentive actually, for the first 2 points.

How is this birth rate calculated anyway.... number of birth + immigrant / number of death ?
birth rate is calculated by the formula below:

(planned pregnancy - accidental pregnancy / number of ejaculations) x 100% :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Relaxing immigration policies. You can see that there are more and more immigrants flooding to Singapore.

Given falling birth rate and aging population, what can the government do?

Clone :lovegrin: We need Astar research ctr to come out something quick :sweatsm:

Most of my married 'Blue-Collar' workmate/friends have 1-2 kids (Chinese & Indian), 2-5 kids (Malays)....

I would agree that Professionals and/or Top Earners doesn't have the time to have children.... so, better if they are just blue-collar workers.... :bsmilie: