Total Defence PhotoFest 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Total Defence PhotoFest 2005 at Suntec City Entertainment Centre Atrium(outside Carrefour) from 15 to 20 February 2005.

reachme2003 said:
Total Defence PhotoFest 2005 at Suntec City Entertainment Centre Atrium(outside Carrefour) from 15 to 20 February 2005.

in relation to this, there is a Total Defence Photo Competition 2005. closing date is 15 May 2005.

http://td2005.totaldefence.org.sg/caught_in_action.html

There still got NeoPets running around to entertain the children. :bsmilie:

Just in case any of you are interested to know the prizes...hehe... :cool:

Your Reward

Open Category

1st Prize $2000 + Nikon Coolpix 8400
2nd Prize $1500 + Nikon Coolpix 5200
3rd Prize $1000 + Nikon Coolpix 4100
10 Merit Prizes $200 + Cool Nikon Cap
Best of Show Nikon D70 Kit Digital SLR

Youth Catergory <21yrs

1st Prize $1200 + Nikon Coolpix 5100
2nd Prize $800 + Nikon Coolpix 4100
3rd Prize $500 + Nikon Coolpix 3700
10 Merit Prizes $1000 + Cool Nikon Cap
Best of Show Nikon D70 Kit Digital SLR

Your Honour and Prestige

All winning entries will be exhibited at the National Day 2005
Carnival at Marina from 6 to 14 Aug 2005

not bad, hor, the prizes? but, wow... the themes are quite tough, IMO. then again, mebbe i no imagination. :embrass:

nightwolf75 said:
not bad, hor, the prizes? but, wow... the themes are quite tough, IMO. then again, mebbe i no imagination. :embrass:

man man lai, still plenty of time to the deadline, can think think think and shoot shoot shoot :D

Its not easy man have to go around looking for activities

The advert mentioned Military Defence.Imagine trying to get shots of soldiers training, moving around.LOL.

LazerLordz said:
The advert mentioned Military Defence.Imagine trying to get shots of soldiers training, moving around.LOL.

heehee... try bring a camera in camp and see wat happen? :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:
heehee... try bring a camera in camp and see wat happen? :bsmilie:

Precisely, as the MP drags you away to DB, you cry out "But I was only supporting Total Defence! " :dunno:

lol by the way any army open house coming up soon?

aiyah ask the MP to smile and take a picture of him while being dragged to DB, and then take pictures while in DB. Exclusive shots that no one else will have.

u guys are priceless... :bsmilie: all for a D70... :bsmilie:

shioks78 - open house normally in aug or sept during Army Day. if u got frens who are going to be commissioned soon in OCS, mebbe can sneak in to take pics of the parade?

ortega said:
aiyah ask the MP to smile and take a picture of him while being dragged to DB, and then take pictures while in DB. Exclusive shots that no one else will have.

Haha :D That's a rather high price to pay for the prizes.
Perhaps go shoot Secondary Sch NCC better..hehe... :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:

perfect! i took 3k of pics in 5mths b4 i complete my course in army...
add up BMT and unit period... wow ;)

shocky said:
perfect! i took 3k of pics in 5mths b4 i complete my course in army...
add up BMT and unit period... wow ;)

Wa 3k pics? What you take? So many.... :bsmilie:
Last few months before I ORD I also take pics of army. But only pics of my bunk. :bsmilie:

Within the OPen/Youth category, there are 5 sub-categories and every sub category, there are 13 prizes. This competition has prizes worth almost about $75,000! A record breaking feat in local competition!

For military defence, beside the army open house or pride day etc, you can shoot how you prepare for reservists (pose a bit lah, tying your laces of your boots, ask your wife to help you with your full pack, or your nephew's POP etc, just some idea).

The other aspects of total defence, there should be plenty of shooting opportunities.

All the best.

sianz must go talk talk with commander see if can chum siong bring camera in camp talk so u guys all going to participate?

Status
Not open for further replies.