Toshiba SDHC 4GB Class 4 @ $68.-Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class 4 not worth it... Slower than those 50x SD cards floating around. Best value for money still the Sandisk Extreme III 2gb for 65, uber faster, plus can buy the Extreme III reader at 30!

Class 4 not worth it... Slower than those 50x SD cards floating around. Best value for money still the Sandisk Extreme III 2gb for 65, uber faster, plus can buy the Extreme III reader at 30!

but the toshiba one is a 4gb leh. if compared to normal speed cards, how fast or slow is it?

but the toshiba one is a 4gb leh. if compared to normal speed cards, how fast or slow is it?

4gb crash = 4gb of photos gone.
2gb crash = 2gb of photos gone, 2nd backup of 2gb can still use to take photos.

I feel speed is more important than capacity, but you might have other priorities.

4gb crash = 4gb of photos gone.
2gb crash = 2gb of photos gone, 2nd backup of 2gb can still use to take photos.

I feel speed is more important than capacity, but you might have other priorities.
but 2x 2gb extreme III = 2x $65... not 1x $65 anymore. :bsmilie:
in simple, you are paying double for the extra speed and probably "safer" feeling

I have a lexar 2GB 133X CF, found it no diff from my normal kingston 1GB..
Speed is quite secondary to me as i hardly shoot continuous..
i think ill wait for the next price drop then :bsmilie:

but 2x 2gb extreme III = 2x $65... not 1x $65 anymore. :bsmilie:
in simple, you are paying double for the extra speed and probably "safer" feeling

I still find the price for the Extreme III justified. Speed is damn good.

I still find the price for the Extreme III justified. Speed is damn good.
ic, personally i take kingston for its lower price... can get 1GB elite @ about 15-18bucks... :bsmilie:

I have a lexar 2GB 133X CF, found it no diff from my normal kingston 1GB..
Speed is quite secondary to me as i hardly shoot continuous..
i think ill wait for the next price drop then :bsmilie:

Wat cam u using?

I do know very few cam can really utilise the high speed...

uh you need a Extreme III reader to read Extreme III cards?

SDHC specification

Class 2: 2MB/sec
Class 4: 4MB/sec
Class 6: 6MB/sec

I tried this 4 Gig toshiba class 4 card with the elite pro. Not much difference. Bottleneck is the camera (D80).

Guys, a little qn :

I have been reading on dpreview on the timing operation of FZ50 and D80 respectively

FZ50 : http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz50/page5.asp

D80 : http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/page12.asp

Can we based on the 2 reviews above , saying that even if we dun use the highest speed SD available in the market (Extreme III for both cases), and use Ultra II instead, will we still able to reach the 5500KB/s for FZ50 or 6 MB/sec for D80?

Status
Not open for further replies.