Toshiba notebook any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Just like to know from you guys how you feel about Toshiba notebook?
Recently got a Toshiba Portege M500 from my company? Any previews from you guys?
Thanks!

no good.
support and service terrible
money grubbing data dynamics
charge a lot just to look at it even if nothing is wrong
charge a lot$$$ just for small plastic mouse port cover
I never used any Toshiba computer items after that.

havne't had good experience with toshiba.

get the sony sz32! coreduo2 and nvidia graphics card for 3k.

My personal experience is Toshiba notebooks are one of the best .. very close to IBM. Cant say abt the others cuz they may have a name for PCs in general but in notebook u cant go wrong with Toshiba.

I wudnt noe abt e service centre tho cuz mine hasnt fail me .. not even once. Been using since my uni days.

Just like to know from you guys how you feel about Toshiba notebook?
Recently got a Toshiba Portege M500 from my company? Any previews from you guys?
Thanks!

since u already got it, i think better dun ask for reviews . just enjoy it =)

before buying, criticise it (to see if its flaws are acceptable) , after buyiing, loving it =)

Toshiba was not willing to get me the spec I wanted...told me to look else where...

problematic,well at least for me.

Same. Bad for normal casual users (move around/carry laptop when laptop is still operating/never shut down comps but always on hibernate/standby mode)

Those techie who know how to treat their laptops properly is another story.

Bad experience for my entire class. 8/10 toshiba laptops have seen the Service Centre twice for the past 3 years for Hardware problems.

Nice big paper weight. Trashy laptop. macbook is much better. :)

well....my 3 yr old Toshiba laptop has not given be any problem...

like i always told my friend...its the user that matters (how you use and maintain it)...not the laptop...haha ;p

My toshiba notebook has been nothing but a big disaster. They are expensive and unreliable. Got lots of issues with overheating (shouldn't have been allowed to sell this model with the heat issues). DVD drive has been replaced once and replacement doesn't work either (can't fix now cos warranty over and they cost way too much to replace). Customer service in Singapore is absolutely pathetic (I've had to deal with them a number of times now).

I will never buy another Toshiba.

Dun sad dear ...... nothing will happen de :kiss: :kiss:
But in case you want to throw it away ... please tell me where you want to throw ok ? :lovegrin:

Dun sad dear ...... nothing will happen de :kiss: :kiss:
But in case you want to throw it away ... please tell me where you want to throw ok ? :lovegrin:

U wait long long, my friend! ;p

choose ibm or fujitsu.

The worst is dell, toshiba is the next..

Status
Not open for further replies.