torchlight

pandaze

May 25, 2007
was wondering ...if you guys here have any recommendation for torchlight?

need it to be bright...
long lasting will be good too :)

u mean lifespan per battery/charge?

the more powerful it is (brightness), the faster it'll drain the battery.

you can try Fenix. look for it at Black Tactical

yeah..sorry to phase it wrongly.
what i mean by long lasting is the battery lifespan...

was wondering ...if you guys here have any recommendation for torchlight?

need it to be bright...
long lasting will be good too :)

Any LED torchlight from the hardware store. Or a Maglight.

i buy from emart~

tecnica said:
i buy from emart~

Same here I'm using the one from emart also haha.

Bright and quite lasting also, 2 aa battery only. Solid build also

Go beach road army market

yeah the emart's torchlight is pretty good... if you want it bright go for 150 lumens and above...

Try mustache far!

Any LED torchlight from the hardware store. Or a Maglight.

have a few LED torchlight already...but non seems to be bright enuff...but their battery are sure long lasting...
and have a Maglite 5D...prefer white light.so now the maglite is in my car as a back up light...

Bro, you do realize that the brighter the light, the faster the battery drains, right?

The emart led torchlight is really bright.

you can try Fenix. look for it at Black Tactical

Good suggestion. Fenix is about the best choice in Singapore. You can also get Fenix from TK Photo. If you have bigger budget you should get a Surefire.

You can try cree. And for battery that can last longer, try look for a battery with a higher charge maybe at least 7500mah.

You can try cree. And for battery that can last longer, try look for a battery with a higher charge maybe at least 7500mah.

Cree is the LED inside not the brand of the torch itself.

I own 3 torchlights with Cree LEDs and they are very very bright. One of them is a 200 lumens one, you cannot even look direct into the light, you can get blinded temporarily...

And oh, I bought them all at Mustafa.. the 200 lumens one cost around $30.

Bro for the 200 lux one.how long is the battery runtime?and what kind of battery it use?

If you're lucky enough to be able to get to Pasir Leba Camp (PLC) Gift Shop, they sell VERY POWERFUL LED torches there. There's a $12 and a $28. I bought both. The $12 is good, but the build of the $28 one is much better. When I say strong, I mean really strong. At night, they'll shine a spotlight up into the sky, and at home, at night, you can see dust flying in the air. Battery life is maybe about an hour (they run on 3xAAA batteries). But if you want brightness, you got it.
I currently use them to hunt mosquitoes in my room, because when I shine that torch, they light up in mid-air like a plane in a searchlight during WWII.

Otherwise, I think this one is a similar model to the $12 one which you can order. Takes quite some time to arrive though.

I have a hard time trusting the build quality of the flash lights that the SAF sells at the e-mart. I would rather put my money on reliable brands.

I got the $12 LED torch and after 1 outfield it got wonky

I got the $12 LED torch and after 1 outfield it got wonky

Yeap, the build quality isn't very good. But it's not SAF-made. It's imported.
The $28 is WAAAY better though. It doesn't rattle, the zooming is very smooth, and the build is very solid. You should try it contacts. The battery contacts are really good too, so it is effectively brighter. Unfortunately, in the army, they don't like bright torches during exercise.

Yeap, the build quality isn't very good. But it's not SAF-made. It's imported.
The $28 is WAAAY better though. It doesn't rattle, the zooming is very smooth, and the build is very solid. You should try it contacts. The battery contacts are really good too, so it is effectively brighter. Unfortunately, in the army, they don't like bright torches during exercise.

yea i know SAF doesn't make them. but anyways there's no need to head up to Pasir Leba for it. The Army Market has a lot.