Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

This Pelican M6 is a very interesting looking light. I have toyed with it and loved it. The only thing that kept me from buying is that there are a lot of reports the bulb blows within a few battery change. I do not know if this is due to bad design or poor usage. For any fresh incandecent light to last long, you must at least run it on a set of fresh batteries continuously for 15-30 mins at least. This will soften the filament and make it more durable after it cools down.

I have the Surefire run through at least 5 boxes of batteries and the bulb is still very clean without any trace of darkening on the glass.

Andy Ho

dun noe about the weak bulb ... BUT at least they ARE ALOT cheaper then the surefire bulbs :)

True. They are cheaper but sinnce I already invested in Surefire I find there is no need for me to spend the unnecessary money. I am currently waiting for the KL5 LED head to be shipped to me. It uses a 5 watt Luxeon LED light bulb that produces 65 lumens of white light. Can't wait to fix that on my Surefire M2 man.

Andy Ho

Hi Andy,

Took you advice and bought a Surefire, and Upgrade myself to a M2, the P61 is definitely much strong than the P60 on the G2Z.

Saw another Clubsnap member there at 6pm. Seems that you thread has generated quite a number of members taking up this as a hobby.

lol... u should buck up with sheares... mehbe a er referal scheme...hehehe...den can get free torches :) hehehe

Andy Ho said:
True. They are cheaper but sinnce I already invested in Surefire I find there is no need for me to spend the unnecessary money. I am currently waiting for the KL5 LED head to be shipped to me. It uses a 5 watt Luxeon LED light bulb that produces 65 lumens of white light. Can't wait to fix that on my Surefire M2 man.

Andy Ho

How much is this KL5 LED?

I can't seem to be able to find it in www.surefire.com and KL5 is not under the M2 list of Accessories.

hammer_400 said:
lol... u should buck up with sheares... mehbe a er referal scheme...hehehe...den can get free torches :) hehehe
Well, I am trying to get as many people as possible to go down. If we can generate enough market demand, Sheares may help to press the price of all products from the distributor. We will all then benefit from the discount. This is what he told me.

Anyway, I am still a loyal customer of Sheares. I would rather let people who appreciate my business do business with me. The stinky face of all the Sngarms staff puts me off totally. I am still waiting for my M3 Surefire and even though Sngarms has one piece there I refused to get it from them.

Andy Ho

morganoh said:
How much is this KL5 LED?

I can't seem to be able to find it in www.surefire.com and KL5 is not under the M2 list of Accessories.
Ha my friend, KL5 is not officially launched yet. It should be coming out somewhere around December but I expect a lot of back-order due to it's high demand.

Below are the links to Hong Kong distributors' web site. Supreme Company is the official distributor for Surefire products in Asia. Surefire in USA will not entertain us in regards to order outside the USA but servicing and repairs they are ok.

http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl5.htm
http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl6.htm
http://www.supremeco.com.hk

Did you say you bought the M2 also or are you going to upgrade to the M2 later?

Regards,
Andy Ho

By the way Morgan, I placed a reservation with Supreme Company for the KL5 and came in within top 10 in the list.

Andy Ho

Andy Ho said:
Ha my friend, KL5 is not officially launched yet. It should be coming out somewhere around December but I expect a lot of back-order due to it's high demand.

Below are the links to Hong Kong distributors' web site. Supreme Company is the official distributor for Surefire products in Asia. Surefire in USA will not entertain us in regards to order outside the USA but servicing and repairs they are ok.

http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl5.htm
http://www.surefire.com.hk/LED/kl6.htm
http://www.supremeco.com.hk

Did you say you bought the M2 also or are you going to upgrade to the M2 later?

Regards,
Andy Ho

Woo.. The price of the KL5 is as expensive as the M2 flash light alone...
I Don't think that I will pay for it.

How to upgrade he the M2 or what can I do to upgrade it?
(Apart from the list of accessories in surefire website, like the filters and cones & etc)

morganoh said:
Woo.. The price of the KL5 is as expensive as the M2 flash light alone...
I Don't think that I will pay for it.

How to upgrade he the M2 or what can I do to upgrade it?
(Apart from the list of accessories in surefire website, like the filters and cones & etc)
I would suggest you play with the M2 first then decide about upgrading later. You could always purchase the A19 extension to convert it into a 3 battery torch but BE WARNED...with 3 pieces of CR123 batts, you need to change your lamp head to the P90 (105 lumens) or P91 (200 lumens) lamp or else the P60 or P61 will be overdriven and blow.

Here is a link to CandlePowerForum regarding the L5 LED torch (similarly KL5 LED lamp head with bezel).
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ub...page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=all&vc=1

Regards,
Andy Ho

Just bought over Andy's Streamlight Scorpion and i'm pretty much impressed by the torch. :)

Thanks Andy. Was a pleasure dealing with you. :) :thumbsup:

Wolfgang said:
Just bought over Andy's Streamlight Scorpion and i'm pretty much impressed by the torch. :)

Thanks Andy. Was a pleasure dealing with you. :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much. My sincere pleasure meeting you too. ;)

Andy Ho

To Radish & anyone else interested in the Pelican M6

I've just confirmed with Battery Station, USA that they can ship the Pelican M6 to S'pore via Global Priority Envelope at US$7

so the total cost of ordering it from them is : US$30 + US$7(shipping) but this will probably mean that they will have to remove the packaging and just ship the torch on its own plus batts inside, a small price to pay for large savings.

will be ordering one from them after typing this... :D

egg said:

I've just confirmed with Battery Station, USA that they can ship the Pelican M6 to S'pore via Global Priority Envelope at US$7

so the total cost of ordering it from them is : US$30 + US$7(shipping) but this will probably mean that they will have to remove the packaging and just ship the torch on its own plus batts inside, a small price to pay for large savings.

I saw SngArm selling a touch similar to the M6, They told me its their own brand selling for $65, but I think the light power is only 50-60 lumen, which is much lower than the M6

Therefore, count me in if you are ordering. (1xBlack) can call me at 70003000300 if you need me to pay you 1st.

if buy direct fr US, if say suey-suey the torch got problem *touch wood*, will the servicing/repair be a problem?

Well, let's put it this way... there is always risk of ordering something from overseas when you can't check the goods before ordering. I know Surefire's after sales customer service is not bad but I am not sure about Pelican. Only for Surefire's products will I order from overseas.

Andy Ho

To Egg, I was following this thread previously, just wondering if you received your knife and is happy with your purchase?

egg said:

Hi Spidey
err..just to check, you're referring to the Pelican M6 which I ordered right? it's a torchlight but has not arrived yet. I placed an order last Tues so expect the shipping to take around 10 days, hopefully will arrive sometime this week.
I will share my views on the Pelican M6 after getting it, ok ?
stay tuned ;)

egg said:
Hi Spidey
err..just to check, you're referring to the Pelican M6 which I ordered right? it's a torchlight but has not arrived yet. I placed an order last Tues so expect the shipping to take around 10 days, hopefully will arrive sometime this week.
I will share my views on the Pelican M6 after getting it, ok ?
stay tuned ;)

Me waiting too

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.