Torch Ginger Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! I'm not an expert in flower plant just search through the internet I got the description as follows

original.aspx

Torch Ginger; `Awapuhi-ko`oko`o Phaeomeria magnifica Family: Zingiberaceae
This is a clumping type of ginger with large elongated leaf stems that may attain 20 feet. The name describes the inflorescence that forms at the end of a stalk and resembles a torch. This ginger is native to the East Indies. It is not recommended for small confined areas. It is easily found in popular places like Botanical Garden, Zoo & Sentosa Island etc.

Heres' EXIF information

Camera: E-300
Shutter: 1/13 sec
Aperature: f/11.0
ExposureProgram: 3
ISO: 100
MeteringMode: 5
Focal Length: 50.0 mm
ExposureMode: 0

I would like to seek your Critique in the following
- Faming/Composition
- Exposure/Tones
- Lighting
- sharpness
- artistic merit

Thank you for your viewing and comments.

Dead center composition, would be nice if it was meant for a science book or similar, but as a picture, this kind of composition is pretty dead...

As for the BG, if you want a clean BG, do consider cloning away the whitish blobs on the bottom left and right...

regards,

Thank zac08 for your comments.

@hhho

i really like the exposure and sharpness, u really have a good eye for flowers.

im just wondering what if u place the torch ginger flower with its stem diagonaly on the frame? lower left or lower right of the frame maybe?

hope we can see more pictures of different kind of flowers from you...:)

@hhho

i really like the exposure and sharpness, u really have a good eye for flowers.

im just wondering what if u place the torch ginger flower with its stem diagonaly on the frame? lower left or lower right of the frame maybe?

hope we can see more pictures of different kind of flowers from you...:)

Thank you, spacepet
using different lens for same flower, this was another taken in the early year

http://www.myfourthirds.com/document.php?id=9356

Cheers,

Nice and sharp. Well exposed too. But pity the composition. Either getting closer or placing it off-center will improve the shot

Nice and sharp. Well exposed too. But pity the composition. Either getting closer or placing it off-center will improve the shot

i agree. but i gotta love the colour and the textures though. maybe if can get closer wif a macro lens wuld be interesting doing a few abstracts wif the texture of the flower. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.