Tools to help your workflow for Post-Production

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseen

Dec 14, 2004
NTU and Wdls
I always liked to use those small little softwares created by common people like us. From my testing of over 50+ software, there are some that really stand out, but alot that i uninstalled within 10 min.
Just gonna name 3 of my fav tools for now, because I'm sure these will save everyone ALOT of time.
Me, I always don't have enough time, thus i always appreciate tools which give best results in the shortest time possible.

Care to list out some of your favourite tools too? (Other than Photoshop, it's an ESSENTIAL tool)

*note: don't complain about photoshop and windows tools being able to do rotation, because they cannot do lossless jpeg rotation. They will load file, uncompress data (info loss), do lossless rotate, then compress again (more loss) and save.

DW Suite
http://www.photographersolutions.com/products.htm
What it is: a collection of Photographer PP tools
Why good: easiest and lossless jpeg rotation tool - right click for one way, left for the other. Keeps original image quality, unlike the windows viewer rotate.
The browser is butt ugly, but it's fast.. but i won't use coz of the ease of windows viewer which is just a bit slower.
5 other tools included (don't really understand all of them, and some too pro for me like ICC profiling).

Downloader Pro
http://www.breezesys.com/Downloader/index.htm
What it is: Tool to help you get your photos from your camera to your computer upon insertation of MC
Why good: Allows auto renaming, auto (lossless) rotation (good for newer cams like FZ5 which has camera orientation data), can allow for auto copying of everything into dynamic directories like DDMMYY etc, can map different directories for different cameras.

PhotoWorker
http://www.photoworker.com
What it is: Tool to resize and add frame/shadow and add watermark
Why good: allows automation of full directories/files, drag and drop operations (from explorer), allows resize+overlay/watermark+frame with 1 click, customization of file names.

Tks for the reviews and infor :thumbsup:

eow said:
Tks for the reviews and infor :thumbsup:
:) just got bored of starting up photoshop which takes a whole 20s when i can load up software, do what i want to do, close software in that 20s.

is it able to batch process multiple files?

Snow_One said:
is it able to batch process multiple files?
Other than the DW Rotate, all others can batch process (otherwise, how to save time?)
heh anyway DW Rotate can rotate entire directories + sub directories IF they have got orientation data. Photos taken with cameras without camera orientation data will have to do it manually...

heh interesting French prog.. good thing got english version.. loads quite fast, good, but quite basic control. Whole load of fun filters to play with time enough to look through all the filters, you can get some totally cool photos.. small memory footprint.. but actually photoshop is quite small too... just that it takes forever to load..

hmm but for major renovation works on photos, i still prefer photoshop and/or paint shop pro (loads fast). gotta try gimp someday..

thanks
unseen
for the software tips

Status
Not open for further replies.