Tools for outing.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I now having my oversea trip n my device give way. A check, I could diy myself n lucky, I got the Allen key with me. I also brought another two sizes for my tripods.

So, did you bring some Allen keys or screw drivers for camera or parts when you out? Esp on a trip or going to a remoted area?

I don't think I would want to fix my own camera with a screw driver without the proper knowledge to do so. I'd rather just enjoy the rest of the trip instead.

I brought the basic... like my sensor swab, cleaning cloth, rocket blower, lens brush (or something like that) and allen keys for my tripod.

I now having my oversea trip n my device give way. A check, I could diy myself n lucky, I got the Allen key with me. I also brought another two sizes for my tripods. So, did you bring some Allen keys or screw drivers for camera or parts when you out? Esp on a trip or going to a remoted area?

I'd only need the allen key if any of my tripod legs are loose, then again, i'd tighten them sufficiently before a trip. Otherwise, i can only think about using allen key for screwing the L plate onto my camera, which in most situations i make do with just a coin as bringing out the allen key is cumbersome to me as its not an essential tool in my opinion.

For the tripod the Allan key sits somewhere in one of the many small pockets of my camera bag. Just be careful to have it checked in when flying, some airport stuff could be picky about inside cabin luggage.
For the camera you will need more than an Allan key for repair works :bsmilie: Blower, tissues (wet and dry) are sufficient.

there are Allen keys, lens tissue in each of my camera bags, since they don't take up much space, for blowers, just put it in the bag that I wan to bring it out.

fyi, I lost a Swiss Army Knife because of I left it inside my camera bag and confiscated by custom when I bring the bag into cabin, so no, no more another other tools to be kept inside camera bags.

I have Allen Keys, Star Keys (is that what you call that odd star-shaped key set?), mini Leatherman plier tool kit set and a small swiss army knife.

for me anything that might have issue with authorities during boarding is stuffed into the luggage. but i keep all chargers for phone, tablet and camera in my camera bag.

Most important tool, black tape! You never know when you need it, haha!

For me umbrella is important!A mini size will do.