Too much effects on wedding photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlimyk

Jul 14, 2008
I was shooting my friend's actual wedding day for the first time and now doing all the post processing in Lightroom.

However, I tend to apply some effects on most of my shots as the original color/contrast/etc seem boring to me.

Any experienced guys out there pls advise if I'm overdoing it. How about your client's perspective/views on the effects?

What effects are you talking about?

We can't see what you are doing with the pics, can we? :dunno:

Why dun u post ur shots in the Wedding portfolios gallery? then all can see and comment if the "so called" effects u applied is over(done) or not..

Most important is your clients' preferences. :)

Style of PP is different for all shooters and IMO less so for clients.

Clients should by right select their photographer based on a portfolio. This portfolio should have a certain theme of PP used. It would be logical that the client chose said photographer due to their particular style (and of course, price!).

As long as you capture the right moments, I highly doubt a typical client will be bothered by what PP is used, whether it is light, non-existent, or pushed to the realms of extreme makeover.

As long as you nail the exposure, the possibilities are limitless. Personally, I like to do a "why so serious" PS of the bride and groom just for laughs .. and then get fired and abused by the (scary) bride.

YMMV.

too much, is when people feel it's too much.

usually, when you apply it badly, everyone will feel it's too much.

if you apply it well, you can do a lot, but no one will care. such is life.

well, if the couple/customer loves it, who is to judge.

I told my wedding photog previously i just wanted to keep it as simple as possible, no wan no funkiness.

ryan

I always tell people, picture is like food, simplicity is the best, only when the food is no good, than you use a lot of ingredients to confuse people.

btw, when the photo is at it most simple form, that shows your skills, cos there is nothing to hide.

Depends on client preference. Very difficult to to answer such question.

Will apply different PP for all pictures.
This is for client best interest, u wouldn't want to apply the same effects for the whole batch right ?

Do wadaver u want, as long as the effect comes out is great and pleases everyone.
Though we know that the actual scene is far from the photoshopped pic LOL.

shouldn't you check with your friend? unless he's paying u peanuts.
ok even if you get peanuts you need to deliver a nice looking monkey.

well show one or two samples to your friend's wife, you will know if you are overdoing it or not.

I always tell people, picture is like food, simplicity is the best, only when the food is no good, than you use a lot of ingredients to confuse people.

btw, when the photo is at it most simple form, that shows your skills, cos there is nothing to hide.

that's right.. besides it's easy to recognize a real shot from a photo shopped shot :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.