Too many photographer-wannabe out there!

Are there too many photographer-wannabe out there?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter

Apr 30, 2005
Don't you agree??!!

Every1 thought owning a dslr can make u an instant photographer!! How true is that!!

Paiseh... what i meant is making $$ out of photography....another words being a PROFESSIONAL..

i would say that sg has quite high concentration of dslr users compared to other countries in say.. Taiwan?

most of the time, they are satisfied with hp cameras and pns. if you whip out a dslr and a big telephoto lens over there, it might get several unwanted big stares here and there ;)

Well, there might be some but not all. :) i feel you should not generalise like that. Agree that more and more people are owning DSLR now that cost of owing one is lower. However, most who get it are genuinely interested in photography and want to improve their shooting skill and options.

Anyway, no need to be upset that lousy shooters are getting or own a dslr, because ultimately the quality of the picture and not the camera determine who is a good photographer.

Besides, lousy shooter can become good photographer also, if they are willing to learn and experiment, making use of the dslr versatility to thier advantage.

ortega said:
nope, you are a green ball sitting on top of R2D2's head

gollumclickD7D.jpg

hehehe....

shooter said:
Don't you agree??!!

Every1 thought owning a dslr can make u an instant photographer!! How true is that!!

btw... wats the definition of a photographer?

can anybody tell me that i am a hobbit? :bsmilie:

shooter said:
Don't you agree??!!

A photographer wannabe need not necessarily possess a SLR system.

I had seen, experienced and dealt with wannabes holding PnS. Its pretty simple handling these buggers, I simply tore their big proud stages and loud voices of their 'very expensive' $700 digital cameras (tio suan, ask if I got a digital camera or not) with a simple...

"My one cannot win yours lah. My lens oredi $1400+ liaoz. Body only $1800. Flash $500."

Spoken loud and clear with the same mocking tone delivered to me in front of their peers.

well...dont every pro started out as a wanna-be?

A wannabe can be a good photographer if he makes himself eat the humble pie big time.
A good photographer can also be a wannabe if his ego expands bigger than what his head can hold.

50% of the time, a wannabe can never a good photographer.
However, its almost 99% of the time that a good photographer turns into a wannabe.

cannonball said:
well...dont every pro started out as a wanna-be?
I guess the definition of a 'wannabe' in this thread would probably be that of a hot air cannon who possess a SLR system.

Think equipment wanker rather than one who lets his pictures do the talking or philosophers of the Art.

Good to see many pple with their "precious"

jsbn said:
A wannabe can be a good photographer if he makes himself eat the humble pie big time.
A good photographer can also be a wannabe if his ego expands bigger than what his head can hold.

50% of the time, a wannabe can never a good photographer.
However, its almost 99% of the time that a good photographer turns into a wannabe.

Fully agreed!!

jsbn said:
A photographer wannabe need not necessarily possess a SLR system.

I had seen, experienced and dealt with wannabes holding PnS. Its pretty simple handling these buggers, I simply tore their big proud stages and loud voices of their 'very expensive' $700 digital cameras (tio suan, ask if I got a digital camera or not) with a simple...

"My one cannot win yours lah. My lens oredi $1400+ liaoz. Body only $1800. Flash $500."

Spoken loud and clear with the same mocking tone delivered to me in front of their peers.

is there a need to do so? if they wanna be proud of it then let them be.. else u would be seen as playing in their league.. jus a personal opinion.. no offences :)

Status
Not open for further replies.