too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
for those who always buy from overseas. i got this gd offer for a SONY F828.
but judging from this e-mail do u think its a scam? any way to do a 3rd party transfer of the money after i seen the goods?

My company name is TERENTE SC.
MY compshe is made in Romania.
My company have 7 years old ( from 1996 )any make business with every country.87 peoples work in this company.THE SHIPPING METHODE:My company use only WESTERN UNION for payment and for delivery use UPS services( WESTERN UNION is and post from you can send money// receive money.is fast and safe way. you can find WESTERN UNION in a bank post or in a post office )My boss don`t accept like outhers peoples pay first the total payment.you can pay in 2 times.First you must pay 50% from the total amount, then you will receive the good(s), and when you see the good(s) in your hands, you must send the rest of the money (50%).I need your full name and your full adress because I must make you an rezervation toUPS services.I hope you understan me...
My company pay the delivery, the rezervation UPS services. I tell you what to do.You go only at WESTERN UNION and depositthe money on my name.This is the only thing you must do.You receive the good(s)in maximum 2-3 days at your home. After you sent the money please replz me and give the MTCN# ( money transfer control number ) or the paper scaned from western union .The MTCN# is write on the paper from western union.With out the MTCN# and your adress I can"t pick up the money.When I receive the money,I will go to my boss and show him the money and he go to UPS services and start the delivery.When you receive the good(s) you must pay the last of the money in maximum 3 days.I wait your reply with your full name and your full adress to make you an rezervation at UPSservices.Tommorow you must go to Western union and deposit the money.
if you accept or not?
regards
have a nice day.

Obviously!!
Western union is the preffered way of payment for scammer around the world. Can not be trace, once the person got the money. He will run. Even if he only received 50%, its good enough. No free lunch in this world...... I am not surprise some people may fall to this scam

It is too much to pay to save that little dollar. :think:

yeah i tot so too.. thanx guys..
anyway, this clown comes from dubious romania..
haha

why dun u reply and tell him u got a really good deal. and can sell him the camera at half his price?
terms and conditions same as his. meaning he western union u half the price first

hmmm..... hehe

Scam. Steer clear. Former eastern bloc countries are surprisingly computer literate and majority of hacks and viruses originate from them as well as internet scams such as this.

Use your common sense. Something which is too good to be true always is. There ain't no free lunch in the world.

zodnm said:
*SCAM ALERT*

only ebay and paypal is safe

ebay is FAR from safe. There are enough scams there that you have to be mentally prepared to lose whatever you bidded. Bid there only if you are prepared to lose the money. Neither is Paypal safe

http://scams.flipshark.com/paymenttypes.html

Look at this link that has comprehensive info on ebay scammers and their modus operandi

http://scams.flipshark.com/ebayindex.html

Special note about Western Union (which was extracted from above link)
Western Union = SCAM

WHEN BUYING ONLINE

NEVER PAY WITH WESTERN UNION!

THAT MEANS NEVER

NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Below are some key points, or highlights, I feel you should be made aware, that can be found on Western Union's own security information page. The bold blue text is my commentary. The "quoted italicized text" was copied from the Western Union website.

"There are individuals throughout the world who will attempt to use any system to receive payments in connection with fraudulent sales or solicitations."
This warning was put there due to the increase in scams being done through Western Union.

"Make sure you know to whom you are sending money" + "We caution people who use our services against sending money to people they don't know. It is the sender's responsibility to know the party to which the funds are being sent."
If you are buying on ebay or from anyone else you have never met, you do not know who you are sending money to. This is true for almost all online purchases.
In other words, if Western Union says "don't send money to people you don't know", and anyone you buy from online is a person you don't know. Then don't use Western Union to buy online.

"Western Union does not offer an escrow service or any type of "purchase protection" policy. "
Simply put, once you send your money, there is no protection on it, and no way to get it back.

"Western Union will pay the receiver whenever the receiver shows proper identification, even if the receiver does not know the answer to the test question. "
PROPER IDENTIFICATION = THE MONEY TRANSFER NUMBER
Western Union is a service used to send money from one person to another, it is commonly used when people lose their wallets and identification in other countries. In other words, if you lose your identification you cannot show a drivers license, passport, etc., to pick up funds; thus the money transfer number becomes your ID. So if you give the thief the money transfer number they can pick up the funds without ID. If ID is required they can simply use a fake ID.

"Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. "
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.