TPY
Hi! juz recive an email which goes like this:

FROM THE DESK OF THE MANAGER,
BILL AND EXCHANGE DEPARTMENT,
INTERNATIONAL BANK OF AFRICA
16 RUE DE COMMERCE
BENIN REPUBLIQUE..

Dear Sir;

I am Mr.Temple Johnson, the manager of bills and exchanges at the foreign remittance Department of INTERNATIONAL BANK OF AFRICA BENIN REPUBLIQUE. I am writing following the information about you through International web directory and wish I know you are capable and reliable person to champion this business opportunity.

In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of USD 18.5 m ,(Eighteen million,five hundred thousand United State dollars). in an alloted vault in the bank, that belongs to one of our foreign customer William Chiew who died along with his wife and only daughter in?30Th July, 2003 In Auto Crash Accident Along Ghana-BurkinaFasso Express Road.

Since we got informations about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claims his money because we cannot release it unless somebody apply for it as next of kin or relation to the died customer as indicated in our banking guidelines and laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his surpposed next-of-kin or relation died along side with him at the Auto crash leaving no body behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in our institution now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the safe-box containing money to you as the next-of-kin or relation to the died customer for safety and subsequent disbursement, since no body is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the Bank treasury unclaimed.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money/deposit remained unclaimed after five to six years, the money/deposit will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request for a foreigner as next-of-kin in this business is occassioned by the act that the customer was a foreigner and a Beninois can not stand as next-of-kin to a foreigner.

We agree that 30 % of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside for expenses incured during this business and 60 % would be for me and my colleagues. Thereafter I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated. Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as been arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relation or next-of-kin of the died customer.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or e-mail, the text of the application you will transcribe as your order and send to the bank. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer

Please Reply Urgently,
Yours Sincerely,
Temple Johnson

:what: :sweat:

Most likely one of those notorious nigerian fault mail.

Too bad, still got people kena cheated from time to time.

Hoax! Just don't pay them any money to get that money but if they want to give you money for free, why not?

I think its like the Nigerian Scam... some singaporean paid 20,000 to claim some 20 million dollars and was kidnapped when he met up with the conmen

panzerpunk said:
Hoax! Just don't pay them any money to get that money but if they want to give you money for free, why not?

I think its like the Nigerian Scam... some singaporean paid 20,000 to claim some 20 million dollars and was kidnapped when he met up with the conmen

so what happened in the end?

melvin said:

16 RUE DE COMMERCE
BENIN REPUBLIQUE..

Dear Sir;

I am Mr.Temple Johnson, the manager of bills and exchanges at the foreign remittance Department of INTERNATIONAL BANK OF AFRICA BENIN REPUBLIQUE. I am writing following the information about you through International web directory and wish I know you are capable and reliable person to champion this business opportunity.

In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of USD 18.5 m ,(Eighteen million,five hundred thousand United State dollars). in an alloted vault in the bank, that belongs to one of our foreign customer William Chiew who died along with his wife and only daughter in?30Th July, 2003 In Auto Crash Accident Along Ghana-BurkinaFasso Express Road.

Since we got informations about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claims his money because we cannot release it unless somebody apply for it as next of kin or relation to the died customer as indicated in our banking guidelines and laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his surpposed next-of-kin or relation died along side with him at the Auto crash leaving no body behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I and other officials in our institution now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the safe-box containing money to you as the next-of-kin or relation to the died customer for safety and subsequent disbursement, since no body is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the Bank treasury unclaimed.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money/deposit remained unclaimed after five to six years, the money/deposit will be transfered into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request for a foreigner as next-of-kin in this business is occassioned by the act that the customer was a foreigner and a Beninois can not stand as next-of-kin to a foreigner.

We agree that 30 % of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside for expenses incured during this business and 60 % would be for me and my colleagues. Thereafter I and my colleagues will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated. Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as been arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relation or next-of-kin of the died customer.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or e-mail, the text of the application you will transcribe as your order and send to the bank. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer

Please Reply Urgently,
Yours Sincerely,
Temple Johnson

I thought this scam is common knowledge? :dunno:

juz did a search on the bank address its like it does even exsit !!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

melvin said:

16 RUE DE COMMERCE
BENIN REPUBLIQUE..

Dear Sir;

Please Reply Urgently,
Yours Sincerely,
Temple Johnson

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thank you for your generous offer.

I shall repay your kindness by letting you sending me a EOS-1Ds Mark II and a couple of L lenses and you may keep the rest of 30% of USD 18.5 Million.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Sion

It's not most likely, its confirm plus guarantee it is a hoax. I get 5 to 8 of this mails everyday. Story always changing from Pastor's wife to son of minister to millionaire to oil tycoon.

Put it this way if you fall for it, you are damn dumb.

omg, TS! we are relatives!

Scam.. but can't believe people still even think it might be true.

Simple, GREED overrides logic or common sense.

In the first place, no Singapore with a sound mind will put a single cent in an African Bank unless you're hiding from the authorities.

Will you? Its like giving money away.

melvin said:

16 RUE DE COMMERCE
BENIN REPUBLIQUE..

Dear Sir;

Please Reply Urgently,
Yours Sincerely,
Temple Johnson

This kind of email is my favourite... especially during lunch time, I truely needs a innovative joke to lighten my stressful work!:thumbsup: Read->Laugh->Delete and go back to my stressful work.

Just received this:

| | | Inbox

Dear Friend,

Good day to you my good friend, How are you and your family, I hope everyone is doing well, my regards.... With due respect, trust and humility, I write to you irrespective of the fact you do not know me, but please do consider this letter as a request from a brother in dire need of assistance. I got your contact courtesy of an explore over the Internet when I am searching for a reliable and trustworthy individual or company that can assist me start a new life and invest on a lucrative business. I am Mr. Leonard Ken Auta Jr. I live at number 38 Convent Garden King Street Shell Quarters 1112 England. I am the only child of my Father. I never knew my mother, and have not seen her since I was born. My Father told me that She left him and relocate for her country USA for the past 18 years. My Father was a wealthy Coffee Merchant before his relatives poisoned him to death, due to jealous and Greed. I am dispossessed from my rightful civil liberties.

Before his death, he told me that he deposited a box that contains (His personal documents, documents that has vital information of my mother, jewelries and sum of four million pounds Sterling) with a security finance company in London for safekeeping. He gave me the document, which he made with my name as the next of kin. He told me to relocate to USA or any part of Europe or Asia from there, I would search for my mother after settling down. He advised that in no condition I would decide to reside here for the sake of my life. I am soliciting for your assistance in claiming and receiving this box that contains the fund on my behalf. I would be coming over to reside permanently, invest with you and start a good living without fear. I need your assistance to get back to good living because I have nothing left; the fund in question is the only hope I have. If you decide to help me out of this predicament, when I arrive to you, I would not fail to compensate you handsomely before anything.

Finally, I have been in contact with the security finance company in London to make some enquiries on how the transaction would be made. They told me that the box would be delivered to my chosen destination, and asked me to provide the full information of my beneficiary. Please, what you have to do is to reply with your Full name, telephone number where you can easily be reached and home Address. Please make no mistake about the information for the sake of misplacement. On receiving your response with the information needed, I will file in an application to the Security Finance Company in London regarding the claiming of the consignment in their vault. Please tell me more about your self, what you do for a living and more about your area where you live.

Bless you,
Leonard Ken Auta Jr.

melvin said:
juz did a search on the bank address its like it does even exsit !!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

The person & the bank does exist but the person sending u the email is not real person.

centuryegg said:
It's not most likely, its confirm plus guarantee it is a hoax. I get 5 to 8 of this mails everyday. Story always changing from Pastor's wife to son of minister to millionaire to oil tycoon.

Put it this way if you fall for it, you are damn dumb.

U get 5 to 8 mails everyday, u must change your email password. Email account ID no need to change. I change & no more mails coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.