Too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

asturias105

Dec 18, 2004
photobloglww.orgfree.com
tn_P1010099.jpg

Slow shutter speed deliberately used to blur the runners.
Feel free to comment.

I feel that the runners are blurred too much beyond recognition.. I see all their legs sticking out.. Abit unnatural.. And the Singapore flag on the right hand side is distracting.. Would be better if we can see the finishing line instead of the flag? But i like the idea of the pic in B&W..:)

Juz a noob 2 cents worth..

Yeap... Same here. The flag is distracting. Cropping a little too tight. Image lacks 'space'.

This is from the spectators' view. A different angle would be nice.

Sorry Bud, 1 out of 10 from me.

I think shutter speed used is too slow. The 'speed' effect is lost.

I like this!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

esp contrasted to the stationary gal.

seemingly not everyone's cuppa ...

think the runners all seemed to be lump together. i would prefer a bit of distinction between individual runners.

is it the starting or ending point? (I dun know much about sports, sorry)....

Thanks for the comments and opinions, people, appreciate it alot. I posted this up, knowing that not many people will like it because of the unconventional shutter speed used for sports photography.

However, instead of trying to freeze the movement to capture a sharp image of the competitors, I wanted to display the "fluid-like" movement of them dashing, and hence the slow shutter speed.

My intention, like what espion had said, is to bring out the contrast between the stationary people and the running ones. Maybe I could've improved the picture by not including distracting objects like the flag (but I had a designated seat, so could not move around that easily).

:)

Paul_Yeo said:
think the runners all seemed to be lump together. i would prefer a bit of distinction between individual runners.

is it the starting or ending point? (I dun know much about sports, sorry)....

Thanks Paul, for your suggestion. However, I delibrately took this shot during the 100m sprint event, so that all competitors will not be too far off from one another. It was also my intention to capture the "arrow-head" formation made by the runners. (lane 4 usually the fastest, followed by the neighbouring lanes and hence creat that formation.)

straighten the horizon, clone away the flag.

very obvious flaws in my opinion. other than that, it's great. :thumbsup:

asturias105 said:
Thanks for the comments and opinions, people, appreciate it alot. I posted this up, knowing that not many people will like it because of the unconventional shutter speed used for sports photography.

However, instead of trying to freeze the movement to capture a sharp image of the competitors, I wanted to display the "fluid-like" movement of them dashing, and hence the slow shutter speed.

My intention, like what espion had said, is to bring out the contrast between the stationary people and the running ones. Maybe I could've improved the picture by not including distracting objects like the flag (but I had a designated seat, so could not move around that easily).

:)
The problem is not about using blur. It's about using blur to get the desired effect. I think it's the AMOUNT of motion blur. It should at least show some resemblence of a running person, no need to be clear, but the a reasonably blur to show the sense of speed. Can use slightly faster shutter, maybe 1/40s. 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.