Too Desperate??

Come on guys... Everyone has to start somewhere. A 17 years old and just got a second hand camera would think $200 pocket money is good for 4 hours of work.

Of course, if the person is looking for "price", they will know what they are getting.

It's like, there are $2 toys and there are $200 toys.... Both have very different quality so it is up to the buyer to decide.

Of course as a professional, you wouldn't even consider that as it is way below the cost.

The thing in this world is, if you do what everyone is doing, then it is acceptable, but if you do outside "acceptable" you are deem unacceptable, either you are too cheap or you are too expensive.

Open your mind and stop criticizing and spend more times thinking how you could help to educate both up and coming Photographers and the market.

I don't find a price spoiling the market. What spoils the market and give the biggest dent to the market is the unethical Photographers who is out doing their monkey business. As that in terms tainted the whole community.

Just my 2cents.

Regards,

Hart

yea agree totalllyyyyyyyy

Another one today. Even narrowed his choices down to Nikon users, and I can't apply coz he expects a D300/D300S, plus a "flash is a MUST", still want know equipment list (meaning he expects something other than kit) and he said the pay is a low-budget kind

Another one today. Even narrowed his choices down to Nikon users, and I can't apply coz he expects a D300/D300S, plus a "flash is a MUST", still want know equipment list (meaning he expects something other than kit) and he said the pay is a low-budget kind

and we now have a bargain hunter who appears to know photog equipment? why so discriminating? Canon/Sony/Olympus/Pentax users not photographers meh.. lol

I can understand if you are tight on budget for your wedding or smth and need cheaper photogs, but to the extent of specifying wad equipment to use?

Last edited:
and we now have a bargain hunter who appears to know photog equipment? why so discriminating? Canon/Sony/Olympus/Pentax users not photographers meh.. lol

I can understand if you are tight on budget for your wedding or smth and need cheaper photogs, but to the extent of specifying wad equipment to use?

To be honest, why worry about it if they want specific equipment that you don't have. They are limiting their choices too.

I decline quite a few jobs because they want shoot to be done with flash and I don't use flash... It really comes down to photographer preferences... I don't shoot jobs I don't want to shoot...

Don't chase jobs... Build your work based on your vision and soon you will shooting jobs you enjoy shooting and get paid for it at the price you ask.

Regards,

Hart

I think you are referring to this post: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/serv...king-photographer-4-hours-job-nikon-user.html

From the description my guess is that they just need someone to flash ... to show that the subject is very impt...

Agetan said:
To be honest, why worry about it if they want specific equipment that you don't have. They are limiting their choices too.

I decline quite a few jobs because they want shoot to be done with flash and I don't use flash... It really comes down to photographer preferences... I don't shoot jobs I don't want to shoot...

Don't chase jobs... Build your work based on your vision and soon you will shooting jobs you enjoy shooting and get paid for it at the price you ask.

Regards,

Hart

When I grow up I want to be like Hart korkor, don't need worry about money and don't have to chase jobs, "I don't want shoot yours means don't want" XD

When I grow up I want to be like Hart korkor, don't need worry about money and don't have to chase jobs, "I don't want shoot yours means don't want" XD

i'm pretty sure he has his worries, and that he spends an equally large amount of time and effort managing his business.

Agetan said:

Regards,

Hart

Thanks for the pointer, Hart. I got it..

Anson said:
I think you are referring to this post: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/services-wanted/1025583-looking-photographer-4-hours-job-nikon-user.html

From the description my guess is that they just need someone to flash ... to show that the subject is very impt...

Noon, I'm not saying anything abt the flash cuz I tend to use flash for events. I'm just wondering why specifically Nikon.. =)

allenleonhart said:
i'm pretty sure he has his worries, and that he spends an equally large amount of time and effort managing his business.

yup.. I'm sure Hart has problems of his own as well.. But if he really enjoys it and is reaping rewards out of his work, then it's worth it.

First of all, a non-industry client who bothers about what equipment I use rises a big red nazi flag for me. It totally mean he is non considering you as a photographer but is judging how good you are, by how good you cameras are. It is an insult to treat a pro like a CS hobbyist. Usually these kind of clients are the ones who think they know it all after a few months in photography hobby.

BUT to say a word of fairness to that ad poster; if he is a photographer/photography business hiring another photog to do a job for a client, it is perfectly normal to specify File preference for ease of post process and readability in case of RAW. Personally I don't mind any brand for I would just ask them to shoot Jpeg.

And, there's so much wannabes without proper equipment that I find it acceptable for him to specify flash is needed, especially if the job calls for it. Of course, having a flash is one matter, skill in using it is another. Flash is like nanchakus, in the hands of Bruce Lee, it is the weapon of the decade, in a hands of Wannabe Lee, he becomes a 'Bruised' Lee, hurting himself with a technically hard to use weapon.

Don't blame people for your own lack of proper equipment. One must differentiate between a hirer dictating and judging you based on your gear, from a hirer with specific requirement. Anyway, he said it's a low budget kind, don't waste your time. There are always many cheapo wannabes eager to slide their tongues between the toes of bargain hunters manipulating these wannabes - and still beg and say thank you.

Last edited:
In fact, there are so many things to shoot in Singapore, not to mention if you travel frequently to other countries. From landscape, models, street photography, macro insects, public events, stock photos, family and friends outings, etc, so why must you beg someone to give you the chances to shoot? why must you throw away your dignity by offering closed to zero prices, sacrificing your precious time and energy, wasting your expensive DSLR shutter counts just to get the chance to shoot?

Besides playing with your DSLR, there are many many other good things to do and enjoy in life as well. How many Africans are dying from hunger everyday? Do they have a DSLR and worry nothing to shoot too? Spend more times with your love ones before too late.

Last edited:

Hahaha...

I still worry about money for the record... there are a lot of commitment when you have children... worry about their future, worry about providing the best education for them... and the list goes on.

I never too worry about how much money I have for myself... more worry about money I can provide for my children and family.

Well, its hard to say NO to a job, and a friend of mine told me once, if you have to sell your soul, make sure you sell it at the right price... so for those jobs that you don't want to shoot, all you need to do is to quote higher then you normally would and you know you won't get the job anyway,... but well, if you do get the job, at least the pay is good... hahaha... BUT don't sell your soul too often.

One thing for sure is, when one become more establish in their career in photography, you will become selective about the work you do and enjoy doing it. My Free business sharing is gear towards helping people to achieve this... I can't make them do it, but can only give them some food for thought so they can grow and use those fundamental ideas to grow within themselves and the rest is up to them.

Sorry for OT.

Hart

Maybe the person who advertised is looking for a 2nd shooter and prefers someone who use the same system (like Nikon DX) so that they can share lens. D300(s) just happened to be the best best DX body now .... (those who wants to argue about D7000, save it, this is not an equipment discussion). And with flash to do CLS?

But fact is, someone knows what he/she wanted and he/she asked for it. If we have comments, can't we keep it to ourselves? Must we always be so busybody and question everything or everyone who might have a different perspective? Just food for thought. Not wanting to start a debate here.