Too cheap to be trusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsamhui

Apr 12, 2006
Hi,

I've come across very often at various buy/sell classicfied eg Phing, HWZ of this seller who offer apple Mac book pro, plasma TV at super cheap price.

For example they are offering me $1.2k for a 24" imac. To actually find out who they are I sent them an email and got replied. They said tey do all their transaction through ebay and ebay will send me invoice.

Have anyone any previous dealing with them? To me, I find their price too low to be true.
It looks pretty much like a "con job" Anyone can share your thoughts or actual experience?

Ahsam Hui

Hi,

I've come across very often at various buy/sell classicfied eg Phing, HWZ of this seller who offer apple Mac book pro, plasma TV at super cheap price.

For example they are offering me $1.2k for a 24" imac. To actually find out who they are I sent them an email and got replied. They said tey do all their transaction through ebay and ebay will send me invoice.

Have anyone any previous dealing with them? To me, I find their price too low to be true.
It looks pretty much like a "con job" Anyone can share your thoughts or actual experience?

Ahsam Hui

If its too cheap to be true, it probably isn't:nono:

if is too good to be true then is most likely a scam, let the buyer beware!

Yeah, buyer beware.
Just got stung a couple of months ago on an Ebay transaction, and even Paypal ruled against my dispute claim. Shows that it's still pretty easy to get away with fraud.

Email scam.

Saw a lot of scammers posting threads in this pattern:

Selling bla bla bla at $xxxx. Email me at qwerty @ gmail . com for more information

If it's the sort that post a huge list of electronics at very very cheap prices, then it's also called a "nigerian scam". Many have telephone numbers in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.