Tony Abbott "praising Japan's WWII skills"

From the article:

"In his address to the parliamentary sitting attended by Mr Abe, Mr Abbott cited the bravery of Japanese submariners killed in the 1942 raid on Sydney harbour."

Abbott talked in a very specific context here, but Xinhua expanded the context to include loot, rape, torture and kill.

"He probably wasn't aware that the Japanese troops possessed other 'skills', skills to loot, to rape, to torture and to kill. All these had been committed under the name of honour almost 70 years ago," Xinhua said in a commentary on its website."

Expanding context from specific into generic (and sometimes vice versa) can stir things up, in a bad way.

I suggest we move on.

Maybe this stupid Abbott would also like to praise the samurai skills of the Japanese soldiers. It is a betrayal of the ANZAC spirit and the soldiers who sacrificed their lives so that fools like Abbott can enjoy the freedom to say such stupid things to suck up to the Japanese.

What would Sergeant Leonard G. Siffleet have said to this?

http://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=7251

tumblr_mf1v1lNNTg1qj6tjao1_500.jpg

Words will not be necessary nor will they be adequate. This photo is a powerful & everlasting testimony of Japanese brutality during WW2. This is not an isolated case. These brutal acts were perpetuated throughout Asia, in Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea etc. Fortunately, the atomic bombs brought a quick end to the war else I cannot imagine living under the Japanese empire & bowing to their emperor.

Abbott should pay a visit to those Australians who were interned at Changi & now buried at Kranji before spouting the rubbish. Why does he feel the need to express admiration of Japan's wartime "skills & sense of honour"? Perhaps he was enamoured of banzai charge, kamikaze attacks & seppuku. It was fortunate Australia was far away & escaped having been conquered by & suffered under the Japanese army then. Else he would never dare say such a thing.

Last edited:
From the article:

"In his address to the parliamentary sitting attended by Mr Abe, Mr Abbott cited the bravery of Japanese submariners killed in the 1942 raid on Sydney harbour."

Abbott talked in a very specific context here, but Xinhua expanded the context to include loot, rape, torture and kill.

"He probably wasn't aware that the Japanese troops possessed other 'skills', skills to loot, to rape, to torture and to kill. All these had been committed under the name of honour almost 70 years ago," Xinhua said in a commentary on its website."

Expanding context from specific into generic (and sometimes vice versa) can stir things up, in a bad way.

I suggest we move on.

i was about to reply the exact same thing you posted. thumbs-up!

China is just trying to throw focus off their territorial disputes and its own aggression with its neighbors.

having the skills and killing others are two separate matters.

oh and BTW, in case you didn't know, the cameras that most of you use and praise are from Japanese companies.

please stop using them. they originated from the country that produced (in history) soldiers and men that had "skills to loot, to rape, to torture and to kill".

Enough of what Abbott had to say............. What about Costello?

I wonder why Japan is still waiting? Australia has invited them to invade them with open arms. Of course this only applies the % of Australians that vote for this hero PM. Haha

I wonder why Japan is still waiting? Australia has invited them to invade them with open arms. Of course this only applies the % of Australians that vote for this hero PM. Haha

well said well said!

If I am an Australian, I would feel more threaten by the large influx of Chinese tourists and immigrants, an actual invasion that is already taking place. Worry about Japanese? Their number are too insignificant and you hardly ever hear of any Japanese misbehaving in foreign countries.

If I am an Australian, I would feel more threaten by the large influx of Chinese tourists and immigrants, an actual invasion that is already taking place. Worry about Japanese? Their number are too insignificant and you hardly ever hear of any Japanese misbehaving in foreign countries.

Well, not only tourists. China could be SG's (almost) next door neighbor.

---- dafuq with the img tag? :complain:

Last edited:

I am quite sure not many Australians will agree with you bro. It is not about China but praising those that attack you and killing your citizens. If the Japanese attackers are brave, then those Australian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for their country are what?

I am quite sure not many Australians will agree with you bro. It is not about China but praising those that attack you and killing your citizens. If the Japanese attackers are brave, then those Australian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for their country are what?

Braver

The invitation dinner for invasion: :)

dn-abbott-wide-20140407174519463687-620x349.jpg

Just remember that Tony Abbott won the leadership of his party by only 1 vote. :bsmilie:

What a bigot.

The same can be said of the relationship between Singapore and the PRC ......... We were literally forced to surrender a $30 billion project to those bastar*s and we now still have our garmen licking their ballz big time. Makes me wanna puke everytime I see our garmen sucking up to them. I guess Diplomacy is one term I will never understand.

Well, not only tourists. China could be SG's (almost) next door neighbor.

---- dafuq with the img tag? :complain:

China wants to be everybody's neighbor ........... we won't be surprised you wake tomorrow with a PRC next to you.:bsmilie:

Words will not be necessary nor will they be adequate. This photo is a powerful & everlasting testimony of Japanese brutality during WW2. This is not an isolated case. These brutal acts were perpetuated throughout Asia, in Singapore, Malaysia, China, Korea etc. Fortunately, the atomic bombs brought a quick end to the war else I cannot imagine living under the Japanese empire & bowing to their emperor.

Abbott should pay a visit to those Australians who were interned at Changi & now buried at Kranji before spouting the rubbish. Why does he feel the need to express admiration of Japan's wartime "skills & sense of honour"? Perhaps he was enamoured of banzai charge, kamikaze attacks & seppuku. It was fortunate Australia was far away & escaped having been conquered by & suffered under the Japanese army then. Else he would never dare say such a thing.

Actually, the atomic bombs ending the war was a myth. A potential Soviet invasion frightened the Japanese more after the Japanese were completely stomped by the Red Army in Manchuria. Japanese causalties were 10 times that of the Red Army's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria

Last edited: