Tons of iBook on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'll pass.. wait for MacTel/Macintels :bsmilie:

King Tiger said:
If Singnet gave away free Powermac 2.7 Ghz, 8 GIG RAM, I sure sign up asap.:cool:

haha..that's a lot of computing power..

btw, here's my 'macintel' desktop..:bsmilie:

i find the Windows idea of going to "START'" button to shutdown the computer silly, so i actually created another shortcut/alias to Shutdown and Reboot the system :bsmilie:

no Expose la...hope Windows Vista will have something similiar hehe

Stereobox said:
haha..that's a lot of computing power..

btw, here's my 'macintel' desktop..:bsmilie:

oooh oooh here's mine:
RDCScreenSnapz001.jpg

=P

i think to make more softwares to be more mac friendly... the softwares i using for design work... all have to be on windows...

and onli illustrator and PS is on MAcs... boo!!

glennyong said:
i think to make more softwares to be more mac friendly... the softwares i using for design work... all have to be on windows...

well at least we dun have to run anti-virus or spyware removal programs on macs... duh!
:sticktong

EOS500N said:
well at least we dun have to run anti-virus or spyware removal programs on macs... duh!
:sticktong

Dun be surprised when mac gets more popular, viruses start appearing.
The problem is because there is not enough mac users to rapidly spread a virus.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2001/08/06/hacker/

scanner said:
So when are you getting one? :confused:
An award winner can't go without a mac, you know... ;p :devil:
Hehe..

I cannot use mac edit my fotos lah.
If I use, those on PC when look at my fotos, can only see sh!tty colours. Use PC edit best.

AReality said:
Dun be surprised when mac gets more popular, viruses start appearing.
The problem is because there is not enough mac users to rapidly spread a virus.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2001/08/06/hacker/

that is correct, no system is 100% perfect or safe from viruses. and the problem is, Mac users tend to be very bo-chup (a common reason given for switching: "oh i dono how the dam windows PC works so i use a Mac and it works"

this form of ignorant and apathetic thinking is very dangerous ("i don't know how to use an antivirus program, so i didn't install one. besides, Macs won't get hit by viruses anyway")

a lot of people are lured by Apple's designs (me included), but like all shiny new machines, attention must be paid to what works under the hood. but i agree Macs do reduce a lot of headaches for the less computer-literate.

Ahhh... yes.

Whilst we'll prolly see a surge of Mac users, these are probably not the true warriors and bearer of the Light.
Expect a lot of threads appearing on other forums like the following:

- I'd gotten my iBook!
- This is cool!
- Try this!

and when the dust is about to settle...

- Where to get cheap software for Mac?
- I don't want to buy original
- Anyone got lobang?

I'm not surprised if stuff like this comes up. Or anyone of u here gets hit with PMs like this. :eek:

King Tiger said:
If Singnet gave away free Powermac 2.7 Ghz, 8 GIG RAM, I sure sign up asap.:cool:
You wish, if they give that, I'll sign 2 plans!

Wai said:
the windows start button spoil everything....and where are expose and widgets? :bsmilie:
Can use Konfabulator for Widgets, but no expose ;p I can't live without expose off my OS X. :bsmilie:

glennyong said:

There's Virtual PC for Mac, so far all Windoze s/w I can find the similar, if not, better on Mac. Apart for IRC aplication ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.